Thursday, December 30, 2010

Week Rundown! (12/19/10 - 12/25/10)



Okay... This is late! I've been so busy with projects and things around the house on my week off of work (vacation), that I haven't posted!




Sunday:

I woke up and headed for church to do vans. The weather was a bit cold, but not too bad. During the morning services, Mysia and Malachi partook in the Children's Program at church. They did a wonderful job! I took pictures and grabbed some video.

The evening services featured the teens and youth. My mom directed the program. It was really good as well.


Monday:

Lydia got up early and headed to the gym. It had been a while since we had been, and she decided she'd go. After she got back, I headed off to work and she dropped the kids off before heading off to work herself. She got off before I did, picked up the kids, and I met her at home when I got off. We actually spent the evening at home. Wow!


Tuesday:

Today, I got up early and went to the gym. I didn't want to, but I did! Afterwards, I headed into work. Like yesterday, Lydia dropped the kids off before heading into work herself. Since she doesn't have school, she goes into work for half a day, and then comes home. Before I headed home after work, I stopped by the post office to mail a package and then went to Walmart to grab a few things. I arrived at home in time for Lydia to rush off to BioLife. The kids and I watched a Christmas movie while she was gone, and then I got them to bed. I then worked on a few projects on my computer before we headed off to bed.


Wednesday:

Today was good. I went to work, Lydia again dropped of the kids before heading into work herself. When Lydia got back home, her and the kids started on cookies. When I arrived, we ate supper. Lydia continued making cookies while I gave Malachi his shower. Our neighbor from next door stopped by for a visit. Mysia got her shower. After the kids went to bed, Lydia and I watched some tv before we too turned in. We didn't have church services tonight because they moved it to Christmas eve!


Thursday:

I was looking forward to today in anticipation! My last day of work until the next year. It seemed like the day took forever!

Mysia got to go to Granny's house and practically spend the day with her Aunt Abigail. Malachi went to daycare, and Lydia went into work for a bit. She got to come home to peace and quiet... and took a nap!

I got off work, picked up Lydia, ate some supper, packed our stuff up for the evening/night and we left! We stopped by to wish some of my van kids a Merry Christmas, and then went to my parent's house. What a time we had...! We visited, played games, and snacked all through the night! Our goal was to see how long we could stay up! And I did pretty well!

The kids fell asleep around 2:30, and Lydia crashed about an hour afterwards. It ended up being just us four siblings awake in the house, that was cool! We played the Wii until we were laughing ourselves silly because of exhaustion! I was getting tired, so at 6am, I went to the family room where Lydia and the kids were asleep. She was on the couch, and the kids on the love-seat. I tried sleeping on the floor, but it didn't work out, so I found myself a comfortable spot on the recliner. Ahhhh....


Friday: (Christmas Eve)

After sleeping for an hour, I got up at 7. Malachi's foot was hurting (growing pains), and I brought him over to the couch to rub his feet. Lydia had woke up, so I went ahead and popped in a Charlie Brown Christmas on the dvd. Mysia got up and watched it too while we waited for all the others in my parents' house to get up. Lydia went ahead and started breakfast. As everyone got up, we ate and visited some more. I then started packing things up, and we headed home.

After everything was unloaded, we sorted out the gifts under the tree and had our Christmas! We surprised the kids by revealing that the family gift this year was a Wii of our own! Both kids were excited! There were other gifts too, and we had a fun with them all. As the kids played, I set up the Wii system and we played some Mario Kart before all taking a nap.

After a nice restful nap, we cleaned up and left for Church. It was the Candlelight services. Malachi and Mysia got help Sam and Abigail in the service by singing "This Little Light of Mine" and I got to sing in a men's trio.

Before heading home for the night, we went Christmas light looking. It was fun, but the kids were tired and ready to go to bed. We did find some fascinating lights though!


Saturday:

Christmas Day is here! Yippee!

I guess no matter how old I get, I still have a hard time sleeping through the night. I'm always restless the night before Christmas! And it's not that it's because I'm excited about getting things, it's more about the excitement that the day holds.

Well, we woke up, ate breakfast, and headed back out to my parent's house for the day. It had snowed a bit, more like a dusting, but it sure did add to the excitement of having a white Christmas. At my parents', we shared the news of our gifts from yesterday and visited. We also played and ate! Oh, we exchanged gifts as well!

Before I forget, I want to make mention that if you know my family, you know that we are into technology. Especially when it comes to computers and such. Well, we all own smartphones and devices... so you can pretty much guess how our conversations went! LOL!

We left around 3:45 and met up with Adria at our house for a short visit before she had to head back out of town. The kids enjoyed visiting with their aunt, and we got her to play some Wii while here. The Wii was the main focus for the evening, and even after the kids went to bed, Lydia and I set up the Wii Fit and played late into the night. Our arms, hips, and legs were so sore!

~Matt

No comments: