Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hooray! The Original Cashew Chicken!!! (Tuesday, 12/07/10)



I'm so happy!

Many of my friends and family know how much I love eating cashew chicken. In fact, most like it just as much! The dish is often a topic of conversation, and many will argue about the best place that serves it in town.

And why not..? Cashew chicken was invented here in Springfield. There are so many restaurants that sell it locally too. I was honestly surprised, yet pleased, to find that you can buy the sauce in powder form at the local grocery stores!

Well, if you haven't heard the news... the family of the David Leong, who invented the dish, has now opened up a restaurant in town after it's been 13-years since the old one closed! HOORAY! Talk about some big news! It looks like I'll have to take Lydia out on a date night here soon.... ;)

BTW, their grand opening was yesterday and you can follow them on facebook!


~Matt

No comments: