Thursday, November 15, 2012

7 Days of Thankfulness: DAY 1 - "My iPhone!"



If you are into social networking, you may have noticed that many people are doing "Thankfulness Month", posting each day on something they're thankful for. Well, I liked the idea, but I figured I'd do something different. For the 7 days, leading up to Thanksgiving, I'll try and blog about something I'm thankful for. They will not be in any specific order, and may not be the most important. However, no matter what, each post will be about something that has come to my mind for the day. It may be serious, or it may be funny.... depends on my mood! lol

---
 



DAY 1 - "My iPhone!"

Today's post is funny but somewhat serious as well. I'm thankful for my iPhone 3Gs. Now, at first thought, you may think I'm nuts, or crazy, being thankful for something that many may consider a toy or a piece of equipment that one can do without. And I can agree how one can think that. But let me explain.

My smart phone is a tool. A very important tool. Yes, it does allow me to play games, and I could use it to distract me from many things going on around me. It would be very easy to do....  but that's not what I use it for.

My phone is something I've become to depend on, and that's a good thing. I use it for work, both on and off my actual job at the radio station. Since I'm in also in 'sales', I can pull up information and documents at any time. It also keeps me in contact with my freelance clients. No matter what, I'm easily reached. 

It also serves as my back-up brain! With the calendar, I'm able to keep on schedule. (of course, that means I shouldn't have an excuse if I forget a meeting). The notes and notifications also remind me of projects and things that I need to get done. The maps feature help me when needing to locate a destination, it has proven itself when driving the van route for church!

Now, I'll admit I also use it's 'fun' features. I enjoy the ability to take a quick photo at any time. I average about 500-600 pictures a month! It can be a good thing, my kids growth and life is well documented! 

My favorite thing about my iPhone is the ability to be in constant contact with my best friend, my wife, Lydia!!!! I really don't have hard proof to back it up, but I do believe that it is a healthy thing for our relationship. We are able to share thoughts and concerns at anytime. Instead of sending 'love notes' on paper, we are able to chat or talk in real time. We use it to encourage each other throughout the day... so awesome!

There is another important part of my phone... it has a the Bible on it! I don't have an excuse on not reading chapters or verses! The Bible is always with me. 


~Matt






No comments: