Monday, November 26, 2012

Week Rundown! (11/18/12 - 11/24/12)


On Monday, we visited the dentist. Thankfully, we didn't have any cavities!!!

We had evening services on Tuesday night, so that those traveling on Wednesday could attend services. There wasn't any kids services, so we got to sit together as a family. Malachi must have been tired... he snored sitting next to me!

I was off work, and Mysia didn't have school on Wednesday, so I spent the day with the kids while Lydia went into the office. She was glad that she didn't have college classes or homework. After I mowed the lawn, the kids and I spent most of the afternoon at my parents' house. We visited and the kids played. Abigail and I took the Mysia and Malachi to the park for over an hour. They played and rode around on their scooters. We then had lunch at McDonalds before heading home for naps. After supper, we watched Charlie Brown Thanksgiving as a family. Before bed, Mysia helped Lydia with some of the deserts for tomorrow's feast!

Thursday was finally arrived! We got up and immediately turned on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We ate a quick breakfast and got things ready before we headed out the door. We spent the day at Lydia's Aunt and Uncle's place with the extended family. There were about 30 people who was there throughout the afternoon. The weather turned out pretty nice, so the kids spent a good amount of time outdoors. Lydia and I enjoyed the time visiting with others. I ended up having a stomach ache before lunch, so I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I wanted to. However, by supper time, the leftovers were great! Before it got dark, Lydia and I had the opportunity to do some target practice with my .22 rifle.... that was fun!

We made it home before 6 on Thursday evening. As our own tradition, we got out the decorations and decorated the tree and livingroom! Christmas music played in the background and we even had the fireplace (fake) going. Mysia and Malachi helped Lydia hang the ornaments while I sat at the table putting hooks on them.  

Friday was a relaxing day at home together. I was able to put the lights up on the house too!

The kids watched a few Christmas movies on Netflix on Saturday morning, and I left for several hours to do some shooting with Sam and dad. We had fun shooting up those toy rubber duckies! Lydia and the kids played games and worked puzzles until I returned home. We then headed out to do some Christmas shopping. During supper that evening, we watched We watched "Rudolph" and "Cricket on the Hearth" before going to bed.


~Matt

No comments: