Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Car Clinic, Movie, and Some Rest! (Saturday, 08/01/09)


Quartet practice was canceled. Greg was out of town, and Sam and I attended the "car clinic" at church. We learned how to change the oil, change the oil filter, rotate tires, check breaks, replace breaks, replace break lights…. and other things. I knew some, like the tires, but it was a great class. We were there from 9 to around 12:30. I told the guys I'm ready for the next class!

While I was at the car clinic, Lydia took Abigail, Mysia, and Malachi to the free showing of VeggieTales: Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Noah's Umbrella. One of the local radio stations was giving free tickets, so Lydia took advantage of the offer. Lydia found out that Malachi is till a little to young to sit in a theater to watch a movie!

After the movie, Lydia went back to parents' house to visit until I was done. We met at home, and the kids were out when she arrived. Since the kids ate before coming home, we just put them in their beds. I ate something real quick, and Lydia and I took naps as well.

We all slept for several hours! It was great! I guess after the long day on Friday, we wore ourselves out! When we woke up, it was suppertime!  After supper we took the kids outside and let them play with their bubbles and toys. Lydia worked on her flowerbed, and I tried to adjust the rocks and problems in the driveway. Mysia and Malachi like playing in the rocks, and they also shift when we get hard rains, so I have to level out the end of our driveway so we don't have huge puddles.

As it got closer to bedtime, we went to bed. Now ain't that a good idea!?

~Matt

No comments: