Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Park Idea


On Monday I took the opportunity of the great weather and visited a local park with the kids! We actually spent several hours there. It was fun and enjoyable. I just made sure that I watched them closely. It struck me as a good idea to do more often, especially now that summer is ending and that fall will soon be upon us. That means that the weather is going to be a lot more enjoyable too! And I'd rather sit out in the sun when there is a nice cool breeze accompanying the rays that would otherwise be baking my skin!

There is another idea that came to mind about the park, and the fact that we have so many within our city limits. Earlier, I had stumbled across a website of another graphic designer that has taken on the personal challenge of 'branding' all of the lakes in her state. She in the process of designing a theme and logo for each one, doing one a day. It was said it would take her over two years to complete the project! Wow. Talk about some dedication.

Anyway, I definitely don't have time to do it daily, but the thought of 'branding' a local park once a week and featuring it on my blog has been on my mind. I know that I'm already a busy guy, but it would be something unique and fun that would challenge my brain a bit. Not only that, but it would also help me keep up with my design capabilities and give this blog some more life. I guess I'll see what might happen.

I don't know of all who reads or keeps up with my blog... So I wonder, would it be something that makes this more interesting? Email or tell me your thoughts! I love feedback!

~Matt

No comments: