Monday, September 12, 2011

Week Rundown (09/04/2011-09/10/2011)




Sunday

I made pancakes for the those in the van ministry before we headed out to pick up our folks for services. I then taught our Sunday School class. It was a short lesson. I also had the privildge to sing a special in the morning service. Boy, talk about a busy morning!

Leftovers and sandwiches were for lunch, and then we took naps. Evening services were good, by the time we got home though... we were ready for bed.


Monday

I had hoped to sleep in, but no chance of that. Unless one considers 7:30 sleeping in, which many of my facebook friends do!

I made pancakes for the family, making special creative shapes. Mysia liked hearts and diamonds, while I made a ‘race-car’-shaped pancake for Malachi. After breakfast, we spent the morning working on cleaning and tidying up the house. There was plenty to do, since we neglected it over the weekend.

Before noon, Lydia left to go hang out with her sisters. They did nails, manicures, and watched movies. I stayed home with the kids, fed them lunch and we took a short nap. I actually got a few things done on the computer before my rest, so my nap wasn’t that long. It sure was nice having the windows open and sleeping in a nice breeze that flowed throughout he house.

After naps, I took the kids to the park. They played and played for several hours. They claimed that I was the best daddy in the world! Not bad for just taking them to the park! When we arrived back home, my parents came over for a visit. We had shaved ice and home-made frappachino while visiting.

Lydia came home in time to make supper (chicken tenders), and we spent a nice calm evening watching RugRats and shows on NetFlix before giving showers and going to bed.


Tuesday

We again had nice weather, but it was a bit chilly in the morning. In fact, the kids wore jackets to daycare and school. Today sure felt like Monday since yesterday was a holiday. For me, I had some catching up to do at work.

Mysia got to go to Boys & Girls Club after school since we couldn’t pick her up until after 5. She liked it. Mysia came home with her entire weeks homework, and we encouraged her to go ahead and get it all done tonight. With little assistance, she did!


Wednesday

Another nice day, weather-wise. But a typical Wednesday. School, work, home for supper, and then church! However, today was the start of our children’s program for the fall semester. “Fun Night”, we had games, a great lesson, and snacks. Three kids recieved Salvation, and as a extra excitement... Lydia had the privilege of leading one of them to the Lord.


Thursday

After work, Lydia had a Honors Society meeting. I picked up the kids and we headed home. I let them fight it out on the Nintendo Wii while I made supper. They argued a bit on what games to play, but they did a job sorting it out. By the time supper was ready, they were ready to just sit and watch tv, so we watched RugRats while eating.

I got them got ready for bed and Lydia arrived at home. She ate some supper and then got right into her homework.


Friday

Today was pretty neat for me at work, I got to run the board for the radio station and announce the weather. I was learning it so I can do it next week from 3-6pm. Exciting...!

This evening was just a nice restful calm one. Lydia made lasagna for supper, the kids played, and we didn’t do much.


Saturday

Today we cleaned out our garage. No much fun at all, but it was something that needed to be done. Malachi and Mysia played outside while Lydia and I sorted through things. We loaded the van with the stuff we didn’t need.

We ate a quick lunch and took naps. Lydia had planned on doing homework then, but was feeling too tired. The nap felt great!

Afterwards, the kids once again played outside while I finished up doing some re-organizing. Lydia started her homework. Around 4ish, the clouds rolled in and I seen it was about to rain. I made the kids bring in all of their toys and we put them in a specific spot.

We ate supper, watched tv, and got the kids to bed. I then did a quick run to the grocery store.

~Matt

No comments: