Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Week Rundown (09/18/2011-09/24/2011)



Sunday

Since I had been staying up late, I decided to give my eyes a rest and wear glasses in place of my contacts. All was going good until I tried to adjust them during Sunday School. They snapped at the nose, and I couldn't wear them. It then became a problem, because I'm basically blind! I'm so near-sighted that I can barely make out things. A good example of how I see without glasses would be to hold up a magnifying glass and try and make out a room... it's that bad!

Anyway, there went the idea of driving the vans during the afternoon. So I rode home with Lydia and the kids. Thankfully I had another pair, so I was fine for the rest of the day.

Our quartet sang a special during the evening service and we had a guest preacher who spoke about the Widow's Mite.

After services, we had family over to celebrate Malachi's 4th birthday. He's such a ham, and enjoyed all the attention. We had pizza, cupcakes, and ice cream. Malachi got some pretty cool gifts.


Monday

We woke up tired, but got up and going.

Lydia had a doctor's appointment. So afterwards, she picked Malachi up and headed home to start supper. I picked up Mysia from the Boy's and Girl's club after work and found out that there was an 'Open-House" at her school until 6. I called Lydia, and they met us at the school. We got to visit with Mysia's teacher, see how organized her desk is, and get to see some of the schoolwork she was proud of.

We ate a good supper. I rushed over for quartet practice while Lydia got the kids ready for bed. When I arrived back home, Lydia had just finished watching her favorite tv show, Castle.


Tuesday

After work and school, we met at home. We ate supper, watched some tv, and had a pretty good evening.

I had offered Mysia the chance to play my gameboy, but she opted to read a book instead!! Besides writing letters, reading is her favorite thing.

Wednesday

This evening was Master Clubs at church. We really focused on the books and verses. It turned out very well. Mysia is now in our class, she's already excited about it.


Thursday

Today was pretty normal, and nothing unusual happened. We had a nice relaxing evening after eating supper. Lydia worked on homework of course....


Friday

We came home and got supper ready. The Banks came over to do our discipleship lessons. We've been trying to meet up for the past month, but things have kept us busy!


Saturday

We woke up and got things done around the house. I mowed the lawn and did the next week's grocery run. Lydia worked on finances and homework. I took the kids for a walk and let them play outside for a bit. In the evening, Lydia and I did our "state of the family meeting', where we slip away and go over finances, parenting, and any other issues.


~Matt


No comments: