Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Southern Gospel - Design Mistakes...


I’ve debated on posting this, but I wonder if I’m the first to notice or say anything... so here I go!

As many know, I love Southern Gospel music. The music, the message, the ministry... it’s just awesome! I also love quartets. So if there is anything going on in the genre, I’m trying to be caught up in the news. I follow many of the blogs and try to read anything that gets posted on the websites. Sure, I miss a few things, but that’s what can happen sometimes. Working at a SG radio station also helps staying on top of it all as well.

Of course, my profession is graphic design. I deal with it all the time, even at home. I tend to notice designs, especially those that are meant to grab attention. I want to learn to imitate on how things are presented, so that I may better myself in my line of work. I’ll often look at a design that I’ve come across and try and determine how it was accomplished and think on how I might have done the same thing.

Sometimes I’ll notice mistakes and flaws. I’ll laugh, and hope I’ll never do the same thing. You know... learn from others’ mistakes. However, I’ve had my fair share of mistakes! I’ve mistakenly inverted phone numbers, times, or left something important off of a design. Hey, it happens! I’m not perfect!

Anyway, to get to the point, my favorite quartet, GOLD CITY, recent released the news about their newest recording. It’s something I’ve been looking forward to. With the announcement came a picture of the album. There’s no typo... but there is some digital manipulation going on. A mistake my eye caught off the bat. I’m trying to hurt my favorite group, and I hope that this won’t appear on the final product, but I thought I’d point it out here on my blog.

I’ve ‘circled’ the mistakes. To see the original, go to Gold City’s website or facebook page!

~Matt

No comments: