Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Week Rundown (10/02/2011-10/08/2011)



Sunday

Woke up a bit cold... the temps were a bit chilly! I did the church vans.

Today was the start of Missions Month at church. We had Bro. Deal, veteran missionary to Africa, preach during the services. He brought a great presentation on what he's been through in over 50 years of ministry! Wow....!

For the afternoon, we stayed at the church for Moses' 18th birthday party. We ate pizza, played ping-pong, and ate cake! The kids didn't take a nap, so they ended up falling asleep during the evening services.

When we got home, we gave the kids a sandwich and we all got ready for bed.


Monday

Back to school and work. After such a long weekend, it the day wasn't so bad! I stayed busy at work. Lydia had a lot to do when she came home for the evening. When I got home, we worked on supper and had the kids clean up their rooms. We tried a new dish, which meant that supper was a little late. Lydia started into her homework while I got the kids to bed before heading to do the grocery run. (I didn't do it over the weekend)


Tuesday

Lydia attended a 'college fair' after 5. So after work, I picked up the kids and headed over to Grandma Taylor's for a visit. The kids played while we talked and then we went over to my parents' house for a bit as well. By 7pm... Mysia was already falling asleep, so we headed home.


Wednesday

Today I got to do the air-shift from 3-6pm. It was fun, and I feel more comfortable behind the board. I'm still learning, and a bit nervous... but I'm enjoying myself. I found out that I'll be on the air some more next week!

Lydia picked up the kids, ran home and made sandwiches, then came and picked me up from work. We rushed to church and made it on time.


Thursday

This afternoon I had a doctors appointment. It was a yearly check-up. I spent over an hour in the waiting room, and then over thirty minutes in the patient room before seeing the doctor! Ugh! The doctor told me to try and walk more and be more active.

Discipleship was cancelled for tonight, so we put in a movie while we ate supper. The kids then pressured us to let them watch a cartoon before showers and bed.


Friday

It was an interesting day at work... definitely the end of the work-week! We lost network and internet for the last part of the day. It's amazing how much we depend on those things!

Lydia went business communication conference around 1pm and it didn't get over until after 6. She enjoyed it, and even got a good supper as well!


After work I picked up the kids and came home. I took them for a walk around the neighborhood before making ramen noodle soup for supper. We watched a few episodes of the Andy Griffith Show before Lydia came home.


Saturday

We slept in a bit, and then started house-work. There was plenty to do... like always! ;)

I took the kids for a walk before naps, but it wasn't much of a walk for them. Mysia rode her scooter and Malachi his bike. It made our 'walk' a little longer, but it was a good family excursion!

This evening, I took Lydia to the KWFC appreciation day at the Stained Glass Theatre in Ozark. It was work-related, but still fantastic. We got to enjoy a mini-concert by the LeFevre Quartet and then the production. It was awesome!


~Matt

No comments: