Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday Thoughts: "Honesty... and Trusting" (10/23/11)


Perhaps it's the way I was raised, or the fact that I live in a dream world...

Whatever the case, I like to trust people. I always have. It's been a hard lesson to learn that I can't. People like to manipulate, control, and deceive. It's like a game. I don't like it.

Growing up, I could never understand why someone would want to be dishonest to me. What was the benefit? They want me to be honest, and I was. But I would often be treated with lies, half-truths, and meanness. Why? Well, to others it's fun, or so it seems.

I once asked a 'friend' why... he said it's because I'm too gullible. Boy... that made me angry. And angry with myself. Obviously, I needed to less trusting.

I would like to say that I matured from being that innocent with trusting people.. But to be HONEST... not really. I just have learned to watch my back. I like having friends I can really trust. That's why Lydia is the perfect wife for me! She's my best-est friend!!!! ;)

You can ask her though... what's my life motto? "Always do right" It's not only a good idea, but it is what we as Christians are committed to do. Yes, I fail. But it is something I strive for. Others may not like it, but hey, if you want someone you can trust and will be honest... who will you go to? A friend that deceives or one who you can trust?

Just a thought!


~Matt

No comments: