Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Week Rundown (09/25/2011-10/01/2011)


Sunday

I woke up, got to church and did the church van route before meeting Lydia at Sunday School.

For the afternoon, we rested. The kids were already in their beds when I arrived from doing the van route. I ate quick lunch.

We had a teacher's meeting after evenings services, so my parents asked to take the kids out for ice cream. We didn't turn down their offer! After the meeting, which went well without us having to keep our kids quiet, we picked up Mysia and Malachi at my folks. Both were full of energy... to much sugar perhaps???


Monday

Since it was Columbus Day, Lydia didn't have college classes. She put in a full day at work instead. For me, it was a busy Monday. The highlight was for me to do the on-air shift at lunch-time.

After work I picked up Mysia and headed home. We waited a few minutes for Lydia and Malachi to show up, and we piled into the van. We headed over to Hong Kong Inn to celebrate my brother Sam's 21st birthday.  After eating a hearty meal of cashew chicken and rice, we then went over to my parents' house to continue the celebration with cake and ice cream. The kids played outside for half an hour until it started to sprinkle.

Once back home, we put the kids to bed, Lydia started on the laundry and I made a quick grocery list. I then did a quick run to walmart to pick up those food items to last us for the rest of the week.


Tuesday

Lydia had another day without classes. She dealt with some of the financial issues and things before going into work this afternoon.

I had quartet practice, and we ran over our plan for this following Sunday.


Wednesday

I took an early lunch, picked up Malachi, and took him to the doctor for a wellness visit. I'm sure glad I brought my ipod... we waited in the waiting room for an hour! Malachi watched movies. The visit with doctor went well.

We had good services at church. Missions was the theme for the month, and we worked with the kids.


Thursday

The day went by quickly. Lydia took Mysia to her doctor's appointment. Discipleship was canceled, so we invited our friends Doug and Mary over for dinner. We talked and watched a few videos. We also played some Wii.


Friday


Malachi got to go on a field-trip with his daycare to the pumpkin patch. He was so happy to be able to bring one home.

For supper we had biscuits and gravy and spent a relaxing evening at home.


Saturday


We got to sleep in! One of my favorite things about Saturday! After we got up, we moved around some furniture, did chores.

While going through the kids' papers from school and daycare, they decided to get into mischief! I had put our wooden rocking chair on our bed while doing some reorganizing, and the kids decided to swing off the blades on our ceiling fan! We heard a crash... Mysia broke the fan blade. They're weight was just too much...!

After naps, we went to park. Lydia and I worked on the menu while the kids wore off some energy. Then it was off to Walmart for some serious shopping. Perhaps not the best idea with two kids, but we managed!

Back home we ate Ramen noodles for late supper and got showers before bed..

~Matt

No comments: