Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tidbit Tuesday: The Bottom Of The Hour

 
I've grown up listening to KWFC radio ever since I can remember, and there hasn't been much change in how the programming is run. For example, the news is at the beginning of every hour, and the weather at :30.
 
The DJ would always announce that the weather was going to be coming up at "the bottom of the hour". This would continually confused me... I'd be looking at my clock in the car... what's further than bottom?  Shouldn't the bottom of the hour be toward the end? Not the middle?
 
Well, if you look at an analog clock, 'thirty minutes' is at the bottom, thus the phrase. Oh! Perhaps I'm just a bit slow. However, now that everything is digital, I'm thinking this could be done away with. But that's my opinion..
 
So, next time you hear it, you won't have to wonder! There's your tidbit for today!
 
~Matt

No comments: