Friday, December 16, 2011

Vacation Time!!!


Well, today starts my 2 week vacation from work! It's gonna be fun, but there are a lot of things I'm wanting to accomplish. Will I get them done? I don't know.

Today I'm spending the day with Malachi, and working on getting the desktop computer up and running. Lydia and I both have personal laptops, but we're planning on using the desktop as the school/office computer. It's basically going to be set up for Lydia to use for her homework, so that she can focus without distractions.

I'm also thinking about redoing my laptop. It has been a little sluggish lately, and I think I've installed to many programs on it that are running in the background. It'd be good to have a refresh. I just hate the fact that I'll have to re-install everything. That's the worse part.

Of course, next week I'll get to spend with Lydia since she'll be off work as well. The kids still have school, so we're going to get some Christmas shopping done and try and get a few things done around the house. Of course, it's going to be a short week with us having three Christmases, the first one starting on Friday!

Did I mention that we'll also be doing some food preparation for Christmas? That's our plan for Thursday. That means shopping for the food too!

Yesterday, I pulled out my portable LP (record) player. And yes, there is such a thing. It just a record player with an AC plug and audio output. It's bigger than a laptop, yet lighter! Well, it hadn't been working, so I took it apart and found that the rubber band on the motor had fallen off. So now it spins, but now I'm not hearing sound! Oh the frustration! lol. More things to work on I guess.

I figure I'll have some withdraws from not going into work. And I'm guessing I'll probably stop in for a bit after Christmas. Have I mentioned that I love my job? However, it's nice to get a break. The last few weeks have been hectic. But, then again, I'm happy with what I've accomplished. Plus, there are some really cool things that are coming up in the new year!

~Matt

No comments: