Thursday, December 8, 2011

Week Rundown (11/27/2011-12/03/2011)



Sunday

I woke up early, got ready, and took Malachi to church with me. This morning was Men's Prayer Breakfast. However, when we arrived at church, we found that the battery was dead in the van I drive. Come to find out, one of the kids had turned on the back dome lights over the week, and it had drained all the juice from the battery. I finally got the van jumped and we ate breakfast.
The kids and I rested during the afternoon while Lydia worked on her homework, then it was back to church for evening services.


Monday

After having five days off with no work or school, things were back to normal, however... a bit hectic. Lydia came home with Malachi before I got off work, so that she could focus on some of her homework. I picked up Mysia and stopped by the store to pick up some things we had ran out of over the weekend.

Lydia had Thanksgiving casserole made by the time I arrived home. We ate and then the kids watched a movie before going to bed.


Tuesday

After work, I picked up Abigail and we met Lydia and the kids at home. We ate supper and got the kids ready for bed. Abigail was our sitter for the night so Lydia and I could go out. We attended an activity for Lydia's college honors society at the bowling alley. It was fun, and we got to enjoy a free game of bowling.

During our second game of bowling, I got a call from Abigail. Malachi had wet the bed, she helped change him and the bed, but he was throwing a huge fit and wouldn't calm down. Lydia tried talking to him over the phone, it wasn't working. We rushed home.

Come to find out, Abigail had given him pajama bottoms and a regular t-shirt. It bothered him, but he was too 'out of it' to explain it to her. He couldn't go to sleep with everything not being 'just right'.  Ugh..... kids!!!


Wednesday

Tonight was church. Lydia had homework, and we stayed up late.


Thursday

We were supposed to have discipleship this evening, but to Lydia's relief, it was cancelled. Lydia had to focus on homework. The kids and I watched a movie, I made chocolate pudding, then we got ready for bed.


Friday

Today was my day off. The kids had daycare and school, and Lydia had school and work. I stayed home and worked on things around the house. For the afternoon, I met Lydia for lunch at her work. We hadn't the chance to meet up for lunch in a while, so it was nice.

This evening, we had our friends, the Hailes, over for supper and fellowship. We ate, played games, and visited. The kids enjoyed having other kids over, and we enjoyed the company as well! It was past the kids' bedtime when they left, but it was an enjoyable time... we didn't care!


Saturday

We got up and had a slow morning. The house was in order, so we just relaxed. We had the Copelands over for lunch. We visited and watched several updates of MythBusters.

I had to leave for the Christmas Concert hosted by my work (the radio station). I was in charge of the slide presentation for the entire concert. Lydia and the kids attended our Sunday School Class' Christmas party. They had fun, eating and exchanging gifts.

At the end of the concert, I had the privilege of going on stage with all the artists and singing along with the other bass singers (including my boss). We sang three Christmas carols for the audience. Talk about fun!!!


~Matt

No comments: