Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Week Rundown (12/18/2011-12/24/2011)



Sunday

Since I had been sick on Saturday and our car was left at church from Friday night, I didn't run vans. I was able to ride in with to church Lydia and the kids. We had breakfast as part of our Sunday School with everyone bringing a dish. During the morning services, Mysia and Malachi took part in the Children's Christmas Program. Mysia had a solo part, and did very well! Malachi participated as well and didn't miss a beat.

We went home for lunch, took naps, and then headed back to church a bit early so that Mysia could practice for the Youth Nativity Pageant that they were performing during the evening services. She was one of the angels. It was neat seeing the kids acting out all the parts. Truly a special program!


Monday

This week, Lydia and I both had off from work. Lydia was glad to get a rest from both work and school. After dropping the kids off at school and work, we went Christmas food and gift shopping! The goal was to get as much done before lunch. We tried, and actually made it home before 1:30!

We picked up the kids and came home. The kids played while before we had supper. I had quartet practice.


Tuesday

I left Lydia at home and took the kids to school and daycare. I then visited my mom at the BBC library before going into work. Yes... on my week off, I went into work for a few to be a part of the weekly business meeting. Good thing... I got a Christmas bonus!!! ;)

We had Titus and Jordin over for supper and visit. It was nice to be able to hang out, visit, and talk! We hadn't really had a chance to get to know our fairly new sister-in-law, and this gave us the chance! We were having such a great time, we were saddened to realize how fast the evening had gone when it was time for them to leave..


Wednesday

We left the house, dropped the kids off at daycare and school, and headed to the mall. Lydia and her sisters had planned to hang out and shop. I had decided to go and venture around not knowing that the guys would show up too!

I then dropped Lydia off at work so that she could attend the office Christmas party and finish up some work. I then headed into work for our office Christmas party as well! I tell you, I just can't stay away. Perhaps its the food! ;)

After the party, I picked up the kids and then picked up Lydia from work. We headed home and ate supper. Since we didn't have any services tonight, so we stayed home and watched Christmas movies!!!


Thursday

I got up and took the kids to school and daycare. Lydia and I got a few things done around the house in preparation for tomorrow. However, Lydia found she was missing some ingredients, so she tried leaving... the van woulnd't start!!!

I got ready, picked up Abigail, and met Greg and Sam at Jordan Creek Nursing home. We set up the sound equipment and sang for the residents for about 45 minutes. They seemed to enjoy hearing our Christmas songs. I know we enjoyed singing them! Unfortunately, since I was down to one vehicle, Abigail and I had to rush out so that I could make it in time to grab Mysia from school. Sure enough, we made it with almost no time to spare.

Mysia and I dropped Abigail off at her house, ran to the store to grab some food, picked up a pizza, and then got Malachi. When I arrived home, our friend Ben had came by and looked at our van. He had jumped it, but we weren't quite sure what the problem was. We think it may be the fuel pump? (I hope not)

This evening, Lydia worked on food and we watched some Christmas specials on TV.


Friday

Early to rise for us! Today was Christmas #1 with Lydia's family! But first.... pictures at Sears portrait studio at the mall. We got up, got showered and dressed, and headed out. We stopped by Krispy Kreams to pick up free donuts we had received vouchers for from the Christmas parade a couple of weeks ago.

Amazingly, we arrived to Sears 30 minutes before our appointment. So we waited for the others to show up. When they did, we confused the photographer since there were so many shots we wanted. With six siblings, three that are couples, and one a family with two kids... I felt for the guy. Fortunately, with the first group shot, we got it in the first take!!!! WOW!!!

After pictures, we headed back to our house for dinner and gifts. Lydia and I had set up the dinning room and kitchen to sit everyone. As the rest of dinner was being prepared, Mysia and Malachi kept eating the vegetables. I wasn't going to stop them... better then eating all the cookies and snacks! After we all sat down and gave thanks, we gobbled up the 22-lb turkey with all the fixings! Yum.

We visited some more and then piled into the living room to exchange gifts. The kids were excited, but it seems that everyone else was as well since there were several hollers for joy when gifts were opened! ;) With the opening of gifts completed, we watched "A Nativity Story" and packed up the food. Everyone took turns playing "Just Dance" on the Wii. It was fun watching everyone trying to keep up with the characters on-screen. Mysia and Malachi did well with their turns. We played board and card games for the rest of the evening, and I even brought out Mario Kart 64. Boy, those graphics look horrible on a flat screen tv!

We were all getting tired and sleepy, so everyone left for home and bed. Mysia had crashed on the couch among all the noise! Malachi was still as hyper as could be. Lydia and I packed our things and we headed to my parents house for the night. Once there, we let the kids and their cousins open gifts of pajamas for the night, and then had them go to sleep. We visited for a bit, but were too tired to really hold a conversation.


Saturday

We had spent the night at my folks' house, so we woke up and had breakfast. We visited and the kids played. We then got ready and went to open the gifts. We let the kids open a few before we did our 'dirty santa' gift exchange. It was fun... several of the gifts were 'stolen' several times! I think it went very well!

The kids got quite a bit, and some of the presents required assembly! Daddy time!!! But hey, that gives me a good excuse to play with the toys!

Dinner  time came around, and we set up the 'buffet table' with all the food. Just like yesterday, the food was fantastic! We were a bit tired afterwards, so we cleaned up and took naps. I don't know who needed it more... us or the kids! Once we woke up, it was time to get ready for Candlelight Services at church. I also packed up everything into the van.

We tried to leave... but the van wouldn't start! It just clicked when I turned the ignition. So we pushed it out of the driveway, and piled into other cars. We made it to church just as services were starting! Everyone was there for the services, and we had a special surprise... Silas announced that Kristi was expecting!!!

My dad dropped me off at the house so I could pick up the car. We spent the rest of the evening watching a movie before heading home. It was past midnight when we pulled into the driveway! Christmas had arrived!!!


~Matt

No comments: