Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Potted Meat Soup



For those who get "grossed" out on reading certain things, this post may be one to avoid. Just a word of warning for those with a queasy stomach.

First off, permit me to point out that today was hectic. The morning started that way. I had went to bed late last night, and was in no hurry to wake up this morning. However, once I was up, it was rush, rush, rush...

Shower, dressed, kids ready, breakfast eaten... you get the idea.

Well, I also packed my lunch. It mainly consisted of tomatoes. One I had sliced for my sandwich I'd prepare at work, and a bag of cherry tomatoes to 'snack' on during my on-air shift later in the afternoon.

In my rush, I left them on counter. I dropped Mysia off and arrived at work before I realized I didn't have them with me. I texted Lydia, and she had found them and put them in the refrigerator before she had left the house.

Oh well. I'll just eat my sandwich without tomatoes and forget the snack.

Lunchtime came, and I found that I had brought in an extra tomato earlier in the week. I was so happy that I cut it, put it into a bowl and preceded to make my lunch.

Lately, I've been making potted meat sandwiches for lunch. Something simple and lite. (I'm trying to watch my weight)

I opened the can, put it in the bowl, added some whipped salad dressing, and stirred it together. I then reached over to where I put my bread....

Uh, oh.

Yup, I forgot to bring it as well!

Thus, "Potted Meat Soup":




It actually tasted good!

~Matt

No comments: