Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Week Rundown! (08/19/12 - 08/25/12)



Sunday:

This morning I had a sick kid on my van, and didn't know it until I was a few miles away from church... not fun! ;) Today was Promotion Sunday in the Sunday school classes, with many of the kids moving up. Malachi got a reward for saying Bible verses over the past months!

This afternoon, we took naps, played games on Wii, and  worked on some Lydia homework for in preparation for classes tomorrow. We attended evening services, then came home for bed.


Monday:

Lydia started classes for the fall semester. She was excited, but also a bit nervous over trying to keep from being stressed out.


Tuesday:

I picked Mysia up from school and she got to spend a few hours with me at work before we headed home. We played some games on the Wii this evening, and the kids also worked on picking up their rooms.


Wednesday:

This evening was a quick supper and then off to evening services at church.


Thursday:


Mysia got to spend a few hours with me at work before I headed home. After dinner the kids spent most of the evening coloring and drawing. Lydia made treats for our weekend away in Branson. My siblings and I had "Steppin' Out" practice in preparation for our singing on Saturday evening.


Friday:

After I arrived at work, some of my co-workers left for Silver Dollar City. KWFC has fans that we hand out at the beginning of the Southern Gospel Picnic festival. I got to stand by the Boatworks Theatre and heckle people to get a free fan until 3pm. Like last year, it was fun!

I hung around the park until Lydia and the kids showed up. We then let the kids ride some rides and ate a snack before leaving. We also bought Malachi a pop-gun. It was his prize for not wetting the bed in the middle of the night. Believe me... this was an epic accomplishment!

We spent the evening at Splash Country Inn... it was great!


Saturday:

Actually got to sleep in! We had stayed up so late swimming that we were all tired! We got up and went to breakfast and got to go for a quick swim before meeting up with Titus, Jordin and Lycia at Silver Dollar City. We rode rides and watched the dark clouds come in. We were able to take shelter before the downpour hit! We had lunch and got to visit while waiting for it to stop. The rides were closed but we got to go through "Grandfather's Mansion" before saying goodbye and heading back to the hotel.

The kids watched tv and rested. Lydia started into some homework, and I left for Crane to sing with my siblings at the Broiler Festival. I got to visit with friends and the singing turned out pretty good! I have more fun singing Southern Gospel music than just listening to it.....

When I arrived back at the hotel, the kids were ready to go back to the pool! So we swam until 11pm!!!!


~Matt

No comments: