Friday, August 10, 2012

TECH: Springfield Gets Real-Time Traffic Data




I ran across something cool the other day. Last Tuesday, Springfield became one of 130 cities in the nation that got real-time traffic data on Google Maps. This special feature is available on the Google Maps website and smartphone apps, and allows you to see the flow of traffic on the city's main roads.

The idea is great, and perfect for those wanting to avoid heavy traffic. I can see drivers who are constantly making trips around town to benefit the most.

Yes, I think this is a neat feature, however... I encourage those who use it on their smartphone to do so when not driving! Perhaps at a stoplight, but for the safety of others on the road, I don't want you to be distracted while the vehicle is in motion.

Drive safely!!!

~Matt

No comments: