Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Week Rundown! (08/05/12 - 08/011/12)



Sunday:

We were still in Columbia, visiting with my brother and his family. We woke up, had breakfast, and visited for a bit. We got dressed, and the kids played before church. We packed up our things, and said our goodbyes.

We met up with my friend Nathan and his family and attended morning services at their church. We then got to spend lunch with them before heading back to Springfield. It was a long three hours back, the kids and Lydia took naps for the first half of the trip then watched a movie before making to church in time.

Tonight was our Vacation Bible School Finale. There wasn't as many kids in attendance as throughout the week, but we still had a great turn-out. We were able to share with the congregation all that happened throughout the week. Afterwards, we had refreshments before heading home.

Once at home, we unpacked and went to bed.


Monday:

Today was the start of a week-long college class. She had to focus so that she could complete this course. The class is scheduled for the first part of the day, and then she goes to work.

This evening, after supper, I started reading "Magician's Nephew" by CS Lewis, since the kids loved the Narnia movies. I was able to read the first two chapters before they got ready for bed and I headed for quartet practice. When I came back home, the kids were asleep and Lydia was deep in study. I stayed up working on some projects until she was ready for bed.


Tuesday:


This morning was voting for the primaries. I voted and then discovered that Mysia left her backpack at the house, so we headed back. Lydia left and dropped off Malachi before voting. I dropped of Mysia at daycare and got a text from Lydia saying that I needed to return to the polls. There had been a disruptive woman in front of me when I had voted and I had failed to sign the paper when I took the ballot. They need me to return so that it would be correct on their records! :)

Lydia had class, work, and then several PTA meetings. Once I got off work, I picked up the kids, we ate a quick supper, and headed to my parents' house. We swam in their for a few hours, had some snacks, and then headed home. Mysia and Malachi then got showers and then went to bed. Lydia worked on studying while I watched the Olympics!


Wednesday:

This evening was church, and then it was home. The kids played around for a bit before bed, and then Lydia studied why I again watched the Olympics! Yay USA!


Thursday:

Once work was over, Lydia and I met at home with the kids and ate a quick supper. We then headed back over to my parents' to swim. The plan was for me to swim with the kids while Lydia studied. However, she spent most of the time visiting with my mom. After the swim, we visited some more while the kids ate a snack. Mysia spent the night and we brought Malachi back home with us. Lydia dove into her school book.


Friday:

Mysia got to spend the day with Granny and Grandma T. They went shopping for school clothes, etc. She was very happy with what she got! The kids spent the evening swimming while Lydia and I went out to eat with friends!


Saturday:


Abigail went with us to see the latest movie of VeggieTales... The Penniless Princess. It was good. Afterwards, we went shopping for groceries and school supplies.

For the afternoon, we ate ramen noodles for lunch and took naps while Lydia attended a baby shower of a friend. Then we met up with Meemaw/Paulette at Rib Crib for her birthday. We enjoyed dinner before going over to play miniature golf. We decided not to keep score, but had fun anyways!



~Matt

No comments: