Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tech Post: A Fix for Low Signal on the iPhone (Tuesday, 06/15/10)


I really like my iPhone. I depend on it more and more. I use it for notes, contacts, and keeping up with everyone. It comes in handy for everything... and like the advertisements say, there truly is an app for that!

Here in town, I get great signal. AT&T's has really raised the bar here. But when I get out of the area, that's where the trouble begins. Even at church, which is outside city limits, can be spotty. Our new auditorium seems to block the signal, it just can't penetrate the steel I guess. So I often get 'no signal' or I'm on the "edge" network. It's not like I need to be browsing the internet during services, but before and after is nice!

Well, while doing some searching on the internet for neat tips and tricks for the iPhone, I came accross a thread that gave me an answer. It appears that the iPhone tends to have trouble switching over to "edge" at times, and keeps searching for 3G when it's not available. The website said to go under options and turn 3G off, therefore forcing the phone to just use the "Edge" network.

So, I gave it a try... and it works! Yay!

So the next time we go to Branson, I'm testing this out!


~Matt


BTW.. here's the website!

No comments: