Monday, June 7, 2010

Week Rundown! (05/30/10 - 06/05/10)


Sunday:

Today was typically normal. The only difference is that we had quartet practice in the afternoon at church. We've got that concert coming up soon, and we are really trying to get it all put together!!


Monday:


We got up and tried to get around quickly. We met my folks and siblings at the gravesite of my grandpa at 10. Granny gave the kids flags, and we sang several songs. At 11, we met Lydia's family at the gravesite for her grandpa. They're both at the same cemetery.

Afterwards, we went grocery shopping at Walmart! What a thing to do on a day off, eh? Well, it had to be done. By the time we got done, we had little time to drop the stuff off and head out again!

Our friends, Doug & Mary, had invited us and others over to their house for a cookout. Unfortunately, others weren't able to make it. But we didn't let that hamper our fun. We talked, played some outside games, and ate! We had steak, salad, watermelon, ect. It was very, very good. Doug had made the steak sooooo tender, I probably ate too much!

It was also hot! So around 6ish, we packed up the stuff, and headed over to Jordan Valley Park. They have a man-made wading stream. So we cooled off in there, playing in the water and the fountain. Boy, did it feel good!

When we finally got tired, we headed back to Doug and Mary's to watch a movie and have some rootbeer floats! Malachi was wore out, and fell asleep before the movie was half-way over!

We crashed when we arrived back home! What a day!


Tuesday:

Back to work. Ugh...! I almost need another couple of days to rest some more!

I had quartet practice tonight, and all seemed to be going well at first, but when we decided to pull out the microphones and practice using the sounds system, the speakers wouldn't work. Apparently, we blue out the fuse in the sound system! Go figure. It was a good practice though!


Wednesday:

Today was typical. Went to gym, work, and church!

Oh... Lydia has had classes all week. She's keeping busy for sure!


Thursday:

Today, Lydia had her final test for the class she took during her spring break. She worked very hard and is glad she's finished!!!

Mysia's Daisy Scouts had their meeting today instead of Wednesday. They got to visit one of the fire departments. They learned about fire safety, and how the firemen live at the station.

I mowed the lawn when I got home. It needed it! Lydia worked on supper while I was sweating in the heat!

Supper was fish, backed potatoes, and corn on the cob. This is one of my favorite meals! Mysia was having trouble eating her corn... one of her teeth was loose, and she was afraid it might fall out! We encouraged her though, and she pulled it out! No crying either! This is her second tooth!


Friday:

Boy, was I so glad today got here! And although it seemed to drag, the evening was a relief. We planned on having hamburgers on the grill, and since we had quite a bit, we invited Doug & Mary over to share. Plus, we decided to play in the sprinkler too! I made BBQ burgers... and ooooh were they good! Nice and juicy!

After we went back inside, we put the kids down for bed and watched Indiana Jones!


Saturday:

Lydia had a test at MSU for an application/job at 8am... and I had an appointment to drop the car off at the shop at 8 as well! So we got up got ready and headed out. I dropped Lydia off and rushed to the car shop. Sam met me there, and we loaded the kids into his truck. I left the car at the shop and Sam dropped us off at home.

For the next several hours, we waited. Our car had been "kicking" when we'd sit idle at a stoplight, and I was afraid it was going to die on us. So the shop said they'd look into it. Well... the kids and I watched cartoons. Finally, they said to come and get it. They couldn't find anything wrong. My grandma came and picked us up and took us to the shop. The manger said since it all looked well, the cost was on the house. I was happy. And so far, no kicks! (makes me wonder what they did)

I picked up Lydia and we came home. The kids were tired, so they took a nap. I did too! Lydia stayed up working on things for one of the classes she took. After our naps, which was too short in my opinion, we headed off to Ralph and Jessica's house for a birthday/pool party for Ralph and their daughter. The kids played.... I think there were at least 16 of them! Talk about a lot of squeals and laughter!

We ate Ribs, steak, and cake! It was a bit hot, but we still had fun! Mysia and Malachi were wore out by the time we got home! .... and so were we!

~Matt

No comments: