Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Week Rundown! (05/23/10 - 05/29/10)



Sunday:

Lydia woke up around 4ish not feeling so good! All I could think of was the past two Sundays, and how sickness has been a running theme!

I left early for church, since it was our monthly Men's Prayer Breakfast. Lydia was feeling better, and still sleeping, which was a good sign! I called her as I left church for the van route, and she assured me that she was fine and would be at church. Whew!

I met Lydia as they came into the church. We where shortly informed that our tire was flat. Sure enough, apparently Lydia struck a nail on the way into church. Thankfully, she got into the lot and parked before it went completely flat!

After dropping the my riders off and returning to the church, the car was sitting on the rim. So I put on the spare. Other than that, the afternoon was pretty normal. Lydia worked on studying for a math test she has coming up on Friday (she's trying to test out of taking a class). I played around on my iPhone...

The biggest highlight of the day happened after services! Mysia asked the Lord into her heart!!!

Of course, we talked and shared the news to all those present, then called many relatives. I also blogged about it too! It was too much of importance to share right then, instead of putting it off for this week rundown!


Monday:


We took it easy on the car, no highways! The kids went to daycare, we went to gym, then Lydia dropped me off at work before heading back home. After work, we came home and ate real quick... sloppy joes! Yum! We also closed the windows and turned on the air-conditioner! It had gotten to hot and humid to keep them open.

The kids and I dropped Lydia off to give plasma, and we headed to Sam's Club to get the flat tire looked at. As I figured, it was in too bad of shape to be repaired. So I ended up getting two brand new tires! Come to find out, my tires were originally purchased in 2007... that's a pretty good lifespan! While waiting for the tires to be put on, we looked around and watched some tv.

It didn't take long, and we were soon on our way to pick up Lydia. Back at home, gave the kids popsicles before giving them showers and putting them to bed. Lydia and I did some chores around the house and watched a bit of tv before going to bed too.


Tuesday:

7 more months until Christmas! lol!

Lydia had a job interview for a bank near the college. It went well, and she is excited!

Since the kids got little time to spend with their grandparents over last weekend, my mom asked if she could have them for a bit in the evening. We didn't mind! (hey, free time for us) Lydia dropped them off at 4, before coming to pick me up from work. We ate and went and seen a movie for $1 each. It was nice to spend some time together. Oh, and the kids enjoyed their time with Granny and Granddad too!


Wednesday:

A busy day! Lydia had class and then took Mysia to her Daisy meeting. She wasn't going to get to pick me up from work until after 6, so I decided to walk home when I got off at 5.

Ha! It was hot and humid! I thought for sure that I'd get to the house before them, but I was wrong. However, I was also glad! Lydia picked up Malachi, and then got me from the side of the road! Air-conditioning felt sooooo good!

Of course, church was tonight. Again, it was good to sit in the services and hear Pastor's preaching!


Thursday:

Lydia picked me up from work after getting the kids and we headed home. As soon as I got there, I changed my clothes and mowed the lawn. It was hot and the grass was long! Because of the rain over the past few weeks, I hadn't the chance to mow! I took a few water breaks!

After I finished, I headed in to eat. The kids and Lydia had already started. Lydia soon left to go shopping with her friend Mary. I ate while the kids and I watched some movies. I got them to bed by the time Lydia got back home.


Friday:

A day off! Hooray!

The plan was to spend the day with Lydia. However, she had a math test at the school that was going to last several hours. So I dropped her off, and headed over to KWFC. I got to visit with Dave Taylor during his morning show, and even got to partake in the "Great Ozark Sing-A-Long" by singing on air with Gold City's "Ain't God Good"! It had been a while since I had visited the station, and it was fun to be able to be on air too!

After I picked up Lydia, we went to her doctor's appointment that had been pushed back from earlier in the week. By that time it was over, it was almost noon. So we ran home, grabbed lunch, and headed out for what I had planned....

I surprised Lydia by taking her to the Japanese Stroll Gardens. And we had a nice time walking around talking and spending the time together. It was a bit hotter then I expected, so after a bit, we headed home and took a nap (I'm not kidding) until time to pick up the kids!

We ate pizza for supper, and then met with my parents and Uncle Dallas for some mini-golf! It was a little more crowded, but we still had fun. Afterwords, we went to McDonald's for some ice cream!


Saturday:

"Gone Fishin'!"

Yup, that's what we did. Our church held a family fishing activity at the Bois D'Ark Conservation Area. Poles and bate were provided, along with hot dogs. All we had to bring were chips, soda, and sunscreen! We fished for several hours. Malachi caught a fish, and I did as well. Unfortunately, Mysia and Lydia didn't. But boy, they sure tried. The one I caught would have been Mysia's... I had made the cast, and before I could give her the pole, the bobber went under, so I reeled it in. Looking back, I guess I should have let her. But excitement had settled in, and I didn't want to loose the catch!

When the fishing time was over, Lydia went to her mom's, and took Mysia with her. Mysia took a nap when they got there. I had charge of one of the church vans, to drop the kids off at their homes. So I took Malachi with me. It was a pretty long route, so he had a good nap before I arrived at Paulette's. Once there, we ate and watched moves until it had gotten late.

Back at home, we got showers, and went to bed!


~Matt

No comments: