Monday, July 11, 2011

Week Rundown! (06/26/11 - 07/02/11)



Sunday

I woke up, got ready, and headed to Men's Prayer Breakfast at church. I was a bit tired, but I made it through church services.

The family all met at Cici's Pizza for lunch. We ate and visited, and then headed to my folks' to visit some more until services that night.

The evening services focused on youth camp highlights. We got to hear testimonies and specials.


Monday

Today was busy for me at work. The website was down for the station. It came back up late afternoon, and we had lost some pages from the past month, so I worked on trying to get things back up.

For Lydia and the kids, it was pretty normal. Lydia worked on homework and I had quartet practice this evening. We're working on "I Love This Land" for the Independence Day Celebration this Sunday at Hillside.


Tuesday

Work kept me busy. There were more things that needed 'fixed' on the website, and this afternoon, I made stops at several local businesses. I'm trying to drum up some underwriters for the station. The weather was hot, but I made it through.

As a family, we had a relaxing evening.


Wednesday

The schedule wasn't any different today. I got off work around 6:15, and we barely made it to church services on time, but Pastor's sermon was good. It was about loving your neighbors, no matter the circumstance. That includes everyone... friends, family, co-workers, etc.


Thursday

Today was interrupted in a good way! Silas came home from Iraq! We met him at the airport along with family and friends. I had to get back to work, but Lydia and the kids went out for lunch with everyone else to celebrate Silas' return. They then when home and took naps while Lydia worked on homework.

I came home and we did chores around the house. The kids watched some tv, and we got them to bed at a decent time.


Friday

I picked Malachi up from daycare when I got off work. We played 'army men' while waiting for Lydia and Mysia to come home. We got ready and left for family picnic at Lydia's Uncle and Aunt's house. There were hot dogs, hamburgers, brats, chicken, and a whole lot of sides! The kids played and played while we visited. As soon as it got dark, the kids played with sparklers. I was the one in charge of lighting them. I got several burn marks on my fingers to prove my involvement.

The kids were wore out by the time we got home. So it was straight to bed!


Saturday

Lydia went to bio-life, and I made the kids pick up their rooms. Malachi was complaining about his foot. Come to find out, he had a huge splinter in it from last night. It took some fighting, and some tears, but we finally pulled it out. He limped for the rest of the day.

I worked on the kids' bikes, fixing the training wheels, etc. It was hot outside! We then retired to the air-conditioning and took naps. We did a grocery run as a family before heading over to my folks' house. We grilled hot dogs and hamburgers, while enjoying the pool. We had a bit of a light summer shower that lasted for 20 minutes, but it was so hot outside, it didn't change anything.

We visited for a while as it got dark. We then packed up and headed home for showers and bed.

No comments: