Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week Rundown! (07/10/11 - 07/16/11)



Sunday

I didn't want to get up. I was tired. But I did it, and made my van route. Unfortunately, I only had two riders. Services were good.

For lunch, we went over to Me-Maw/Paulette's house. Lydia's siblings were there as well. We ate spaghetti and salad, then we all took naps. It was like a giant, afternoon slumber party on the living-room floor! Even though we napped for over an hour, it felt good.

We had teachers' meeting at church, then the quartet had a sound check. We practiced several songs to be ready just in case. Then it was evening services.

Afterwards, our church had hot dogs and hamburgers for all. We ate, sang, enjoyed others singing... and then watched the fireworks! They were great!

It was a long day, but very good!


Monday

After the eventful weekend, we woke up a bit tired, but we got around! Daycare, daycamp, college, and work... that was our day! For the evening, we had sandwiches, I then left to quartet practice. Lydia got the kids ready for bed, and I went to do a quick grocery run after practice. Lydia worked on her homework and was finished by the time came home. We actually got to bed at a decent hour!


Tuesday

Mysia was complaining of a sore throat. I took her to daycamp anyway... well, daycamp ended up calling Lydia to pick her up. So Mysia got to spend the day with Granny. She had a high temperature... that means she obviously had the virus that Malachi had last week!

Malachi wanted his hair spiked, so I put gel in his hair and spiked it. He went to daycare that way. He was very happy about that!

For the evening, we didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Mysia wasn't feeling too good, so she basically sat around.


Wednesday

Mysia spent the day with Granny again. When dropping off Malachi at daycare, the other kids were lined along the hallway as they waited for the restroom. Malachi walked in, and the girls all smiled, greeting him as he walked by. The funny part.. he was like, "hi girls...!" as he walked by in a cool, nonchalant type of walk! Oh my!!!

This evening,I ended up taking Malachi to church with me, leaving Mysia and Lydia at home. Lydia took the opportunity to work on homework.


Thursday

It was a repeat again. Mysia still had a high temperature, so she got to go to Granny's. Malachi didn't think it was too fair, but we reminded him that he got to go last week when he was sick.

Today was busy for me at work. We had the yard sale to benefit the Joplin Relief effort through Convoy of Hope. The station was donated a ton (and I mean a TON) of clothes. Practically brand new work type clothes, mostly for men. We sold shirts for $1, and anything with legs for $2. All the money went to Convoy of Hope... a total of $902!

Lydia had a sore throat all day, and sure enough... when she got home, she was not feeling well at all. She ended up having a temperature as well. She ended up going to bed around 8. So I got the kids ready, and put them to bed as well. Mysia needed it anyway.

The house was quiet. I'm sure there was plenty for me to do. But I gave in! I caught up on a few things, made a good night post with my iPhone, and joined everyone by entering dreamland.


Friday

Lydia was sick. No doubt about it! Mysia still had a slight temperature. Since I only had to work a half of the day, Mysia stayed home with Lydia. I dropped Malachi off at daycare before going to work.

After returning home with Malachi, we ate a lunch, watched some tv, and then the kids went down for a short nap. I received a brand new Bible in the mail from my grandparents. The one I've had is ten years old, and I've wore it out! They were able to give me an identical one. Talk about exciting!

During the kids' naps, I did some chores, played the Wii for about 20 minutes, then watched an episode of "the Revolutionary War". When they woke up, we played war with Malachi's army men. Then wrestled on the floor. I tackled them good! I let them watch some cartoons while I made some supper. Time slipped by fast, and Lydia had went back to sleep. I told the kids to clean up their rooms. Malachi ended up crawling into bed and fell asleep. I then made Mysia go to bed since it was bedtime. I stayed up a bit this time to get some things done before retiring to my pillow! Ahhhh.....!


Saturday

Well, I actually got to sleep in for a few hours! The kids got up and actually played nicely, not expecting to watch cartoons or Netflix! I'm so proud of them!

Lydia was still very sick. She hardly got out of bed at all. This virus was really getting her down.

I took the kids with me to my parents' house for half the day. Benjamin and his family were in town visiting, so we all spent the afternoon over there. The kids got to play with their cousin Elijah, and we also got to hold Jonathan!!! We had a great visit.

When we arrived home, I had the kids take naps. Lydia was still filling 'yucky', and had tried working on homework while we were gone, but it didn't work.

After naps, we ate and watched some tv. The evening went by fast, and soon it was time for bed. Lydia was still sick too.......

~Matt

No comments: