Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Working at a SG Radio Station (Part 1)



Okay, after several months... here it is! My first post (in a series) about my new job.

As many of you know, I now work for KWFC Radio here in Springfield. It plays Southern Gospel Music, and also includes Christian family programing.

Southern Gospel has always been a part of my life growing up. KWFC has always been my station of choice. Every Sunday morning, the family would tune in before heading to church to hear the music and partake in the 'Mystery Song' contest. We'd occasionally win a cassette or cd by correctly guessing the hymn.

As my obsession for the music grew, the more involved I got into listening to the station. I'd call in, visit, keep up with the popular songs in the industry. If I could make it to a concert, I would be there. I was no stranger to the guys at the station either. Dave (station manger) got me to start working on posters for the concerts. Then, just before the new year, I got to design the calendar for 2011.

Dave then started talking about hiring me. I had always wanted to work for the station, I just never knew that I would! So, after several months, I was hired in April!

So... what do I do? Well, I'll explain in my next post!

~Matt

No comments: