Friday, July 15, 2011

Working at a SG Radio Station (Part 3)



One of the duties that I have at the KWFC radio is creating the weekly email blast. When Dave brought me on board, it was one of the things we had talked about doing.

KWFC has a big listener audience. Many have email. In fact, over 2,000 listeners are signed up to receive the emails. So to keep them involved, I send out an email every week with information about upcoming events.
I get to utilize my graphic design capabilities in doing the artwork. I type up the message. I schedule and send out the email. It's a challenge each week, but I definitely enjoy it.

Over the past month, I've been able to incorporate prizes. It's also being used to test out our listener/email reader's responses. I want to find out and connect to our KWFC listener family. So far, it's been great.

For example, several weeks ago, I was able to give out a pair of tickets to see Ernie Haase & Signature Sound at the fair on August 1st. To enter, they had to reply to the email by the following Friday by naming two of the groups Ernie sang with before forming Signature Sound. It wasn't too hard of a contest, but it did require some thought and a little research. It worked! There are people who 'love' SG just as much as me!

Speaking of 'loving' Southern Gospel... just wait until my next post!

~Matt

No comments: