Friday, March 2, 2012

Time with Mysia



As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I had chest congestion. A pretty bad case, I guess... especially since I've been coughing a lot. Well, yesterday Mysia and I spent the day at home (she had strep, and even though on medication, couldn't attend school).

The main idea was to rest... and rest... and rest...

Not an easy thing to do with a 7 year old 'chatterbox'. As I told Lydia later, I feel for her school teacher if there is more than one 'Mysia' in her class! This girl is full of ideas, questions, and inquiries. Oh my.

Well, since we were to rest, and I was the responsible parent, I made sure the tv was off and no interruptions. I told her to grab her pillow, a few stuffed animals, and we both rested on the couch in the living room.

Now, our "L" shaped couch is pretty large with recliners at each end, and can comfortable sit 5-6 adults. Her and I were able to lay down with our heads toward the middle. I was quickly asleep, with my arms under my pillow, the sun beaming through the window.

I woke up when I felt something on my hand... a grasp. Mysia had reached up her hand and was holding mine with hers. It was a comfort to her. Awww! How sweet!

Boy, at times like that, it makes being a parent is one of the awesomest things in the world! Hey, being a responsible adult and a parent is not all fun and games. In fact, there are many times I'd like to give up parenting!!! But there are those ultra-redeeming moments... and this was one of them!

~Matt

No comments: