Monday, March 5, 2012

Week Rundown (02/26/12-03/3/12)



Sunday

Today I woke up and took Malachi with me to church for the monthly Men's Prayer Breakfast. It's fun to be able to bring him along for breakfast and then take him on my van route!
 
For the afternoon, we went to Paulette's house for lunch with Lydia's siblings. We got to visit with Adria and even watched some home videos.


Monday

I took my car into the shop, and found out that I need to get some things fixed for it to run correctly. Obviously, one of the engine mounts have gone bad. That could explain the excessive shaking!

After work, I picked up the kids and met Lydia at home. We then headed to Hong Kong Inn to celebrate my Uncle Dallas' birthday. Afterwards, we headed over to Grandma Talyor's to enjoy some ice cream and cupcakes! Yum.

Lydia and the kids visited with my parents as Greg, Sam, Abigail and I practiced. We're still learning some new songs, and spent our time focusing on a certain song we're planning on singing this Sunday..


Tuesday

I woke up with a horrible cough and chest congestion. My voice was horse. I spent the day drinking nasty cough syrup and sucking on cough drops.

This evening was fairly uneventful. We caught up on house chores.


Wednesday

Mysia was complaining of a sore through, so Lydia took her to the clinic. Sure enough, she has strep again. I took off work around lunch-time and stayed home with her. We rested for most of the evening, and didn't attend church services. Lydia and Malachi went though.


Thursday

I stayed home with Mysia since she had to be on medication for 24 hours before returning to school. Were both to rest, but she was feeling fine. She was active all day with questions, comments and inquiries.

We had discipleship tonight, and the kids played on the computers.


Friday

After work, Lydia headed to Branson to participate in our church's ladies retreat. It gives the ladies a chance to get away, fellowship, and shop (of course). She made it down there safely, and enjoyed the evening.

Since Lydia was gone, I got to take care of the kids! Mysia and Malachi played games, watched some tv, and snacked!!! After they went to bed, I played a computer game while watching a dumb movie... it was so dumb, I fell asleep on the couch!


Saturday

I had a restless night sleeping. But that's what happens when Lydia isn't home. When morning arrived, the kids and I got up at a good time and prepared to go help out with the KWFC Talent Contest. However, before we got out the door, my boss let me know that I wasn't needed in the morning since they had enough help. That was a relief... I really wasn't looking forward to corralling my kids all morning! ;)

I ended up taking them out and getting donuts for breakfast. They thought it was cool! Back at home, we played, they gave a puppet show (well... several), and played more. We had a good lunch and then took naps. We woke up, watched some tv and headed to the evening part of the talent contest. My mom and sister relieved me of the kids before the contest started. Mysia and Malachi then spent the evening at Granny's!

Lydia had a good morning. After the end of the retreat, she went shopping at several of the stores in Branson.

Lydia made it safely back to town and  met me at the Talent Contest. We enjoyed the variety of contestants that had made it into the final round. There is some great talent in our area, and it was fun cheering them on. Afterwards, we picked up the kids, headed home, and got ready for bed!

~Matt

No comments: