Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mowing Already....!


Ugh... yes, the grass is growing! I had to mow for the second time this year, on the last day of March. That's not supposed to be happening. I would have let it go a little longer, but as you can see in the picture, it wouldn't have been to wise. In parts of my yard, my mower could disappear.

The grasshoppers and mosquitos are out in full-force too. They were hopping and flying around as I mowed the grass. I also discovered a snake, but didn't stop in time to let it live. With a mulching blade, it didn't have much of a chance of surviving. More fertilizer for that part of the lawn I guess...

We have strange weather here in the Ozarks, so I'm actually hoping for one good spring freeze before summer really kicks in. It would be great to kill off this first wave of insects. My 'prediction' is for this weather change around the 13th. But I guess we'll see.

~Matt

1 comment:

Bryan said...

No Matt...we don't want Spring freeze it will kill all the fruit and we won't have a decent harvest of peaches and apples in late summer and fall.