Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Week Rundown! (04/15/12 - 04/21/12)



Sunday:

Malachi got up and decided to wear his suit jacket. He thought it was important that he did. On the way to church, Mysia said that when she grows up, she want to be an astronaut.... Malachi then said he want to be an Angry Bird! lol

We had a relaxing afternoon at home. We napped and then the kids played games. Since there was no choir practice, it made the afternoon longer without a rush.

For the evening services, we were blessed with the singing of Roy Tremble. His voice is still amazing, and it was a joy to see him again. Afterwards we had our monthly Birthdays & Anniversary dinner. It was good to fellowship with friends.


Monday:

Weather was nice, but busy. This evening went pretty well. I had quartet practice, and the kids were in bed by the time I got home.


Tuesday:

I went to the doctor this morning to get a 'skin tag' take off of my neck. Kind of scary to have a doctor come at your neck with a knife... but I made it through! ;) The whole ordeal was much of a pain in the neck as I thought it would be.


Wednesday:

Besides the fact that the day was a normal busy, it went by fast. Children's church services ran pretty smoothly, and we took advantage of the weather during 'game time'.

After church, we headed over to my Grandma's house to visit with her and my great-aunt Patty. It was a great visit, and the kids were tired by the time we got home.


Thursday:

This evening I finally got the chance to mow the lawn! Boy... it needed it. I also was able to use the new weed trimmer I purchased.

Mysia and Malachi helped Lydia with the laundry before going to bed. Lydia had a lot of homework to attend to.


Friday:

Today was rainy. So much to finish for the weekend! I was sure glad that I mowed yesterday!

Right before 4, I got a call that Mysia was complaining about a toothache. Great...! I picked her up, got some Orajel pain reliever, and brought her into work for the last hour. She did some 'office work' and played on my Nook.

We had a friend, Cyleste, and her children over for supper. Mysia loved playing with her twin baby girls... while her son and Malachi played with all the Cars. It was too wet and cold for them to go outside, much to their dismay.


Saturday:

The morning was pretty good. We got some things done around the house and I took Malachi with me to do some grocery shopping. We had to purchase some new shoes for him as well.

After lunch, we got the opportunity to attend a Springfield Cardinals game! Lydia and I enjoyed it more than the kids. Malachi got bored pretty quick. Mysia was trying to figure it out, and I was helping her. I guess watching it on television is nicer for them because they don't have to sit still! It helped that we treated them to pretzels and ice cream.

For the evening, the kids got to hang out with some others as Lydia and I went to our Sunday School class cookout. It was fun to be able to hang out and talk with our friends from church for several hours!


~Matt

No comments: