Monday, April 30, 2012

Week Rundown! (04/22/12 - 04/28/12)


Sunday:


Today was pretty nice. After services, we took naps and had a long afternoon since there wasn't choir practice before evening services. Lydia made desserts and got them ready. On our way to church we stopped by Andy's Frozen Custard to pick up our $1 sundae with our Cardinal Baseball tickets. Yum!

After services, our church held its Teen Dessert Auction. That's how we raise money to send our kids to summer camp. It's really fun to watch everyone trying to outbid each other for those desserts! It gets crazy, but it's worth it.


Monday:

Lydia worked hard on homework this morning into the afternoon. She's trying to keep those grades up. Mysia had a Doctor appointment for a check up, all went well.

We had our friends, Doug and Mary, over for supper and visit. We had potato soup and enjoyed the desserts we had purchased at church the night before.

When it came time to get  the kids showers before bedtime, the valve broke and no water would come out! I was at a loss of what happened! I called my dad and he came over to help me assess the situation. It appeared that the whole valve system for the handle faucet was broke, and to much dismay, the hole bathtub wall fixture would have to be removed to fix it! Yikes. I took pictures and we talked about what to do. Since it was so late, we decided to do some cost research and tackle the problem tomorrow after supper.


Tuesday:

I went to work with a churning stomach... just wondering what the cost was for the bathroom. The day was busy and it kept my mind from really being to scared on the situation. After explaining what happened to my coworkers, my boss suggested that the 'valve stem' was busted. That sounded very possible.

After work, I got the kids and headed home. Lydia worked a little later, so while supper was being made, Mysia and Malachi played outside in the front yard. Once Lydia got home, we ate and my dad arrived to help me figure out what to do. We turned off the water and took out the "valve stem'. Sure enough, it was broken. We headed to Lowe's, while Lydia and the kids headed to my parents' house to get showers.

My dad and I were able to fix the shower and get it running! Yay!!! I was the first to try it out. I turned on the water, and it was cold...! It wouldn't heat up. Uh oh.... I turned it to cold, and hot water came out. We installed it backwards. Oh well! I'm just happy to have a shower again!


Wednesday:

I got home with the kids before Lydia. They wanted Ramen Noodle soup for supper, so I quickly got it made and we ate before rushing to church. After services, we headed home and got the kids to bed. Lydia had a ton of homework to attend to. I worked on a few projects before falling asleep.


Thursday:

Today was busy for me. I wrapped up things at work since I scheduled tomorrow as a vacation day.

After work, I had the chance to run downtown and meet some friends at the SHEM Home-school Convention. I had become acquainted with Israel Wayne and Sony Elise on the the homeschool and southern gospel forums several years ago, and finally got to meet them in person!

I picked up Mysia, got the car washed, got Malachi, and headed home before Lydia. I decided to make Chicken Veggie Bars... Mysia helped while Malachi played a game on my Nook Color. Speaking of the Nook Color, I was able to purchase one for Lydia for Mother's Day and gave it to her this evening. She was pleased... whew! ;)


Friday:

I had the day off. The kids went to school, and Lydia headed to classes at college. I did some things around the house, some shopping, and then packed my things. I had the privilege of going to the Men's Advance in Stillwater, OK with the men from my church. I actually drove down there with my Dad, Sam and one of the teen boys. We talked and visited for the entire 4 hour drive. There were about 1800 men in attendance, and we got to enjoy a good lesson session, a huge supper, and some great preaching before making it to our hotel room after 10:30pm.

While I was gone, Lydia picked up the kids and some dinner. They watched a movie and some shows on NetFlix before going to bed.


Saturday:

Sleeping in a hotel, 4 hours away from Lydia is difficult. I wasn't really restless, but it sure is different. However, when it came time to get up at 6... I was ready. Us guys got up and ready, packed and back at the expo center in time for breakfast. They fed us well, and then it was time for a morning full of lesson sessions and preaching, with huge lunch included.

We had some time during the breaks to visit with others, including my brother Benjamin, who had traveled down with his church as well. We also got go through a "maze" that was themed with meeting. By 3:30, we were packed in the minivan, headed back home.

Lydia and the kids got up a little late. Lydia used the time to sleep in, however, the kids were up and ready for breakfast. They spent most of the day at home. Much to Mysia and Malachi's delight, they met up with Granny and Aunt Abigail at Golden Corral for supper.

I made it home before 9. I was tired, but was happy to be home. I was happily welcomed by my family... Yup, we missed each other! Of course, they had to catch me up with all that happened before going to bed.


~Matt

No comments: