Thursday, July 26, 2012

RADIO: Southern Gospel Showdown




Some changes at work has allowed me to become a 'utility player' when it comes to the filling in on-air. Last week, I was hosting the late afternoon shift (3-6pm). This week, I've had the mid-day (noon-3pm). Next week, I'll be moving to permanent shift of hosting the evening program (7-9:30pm).

It's been fun! I've been able play some of my favorites along with the current hits. The station as a vast collection, so being able to grab some unique songs has been fun. There are old classics and remakes as well.

To liven up the show, I decided to start a feature I call the "Southern Gospel Showdown". I'll admit that the concept isn't new. I take a song that has been recorded by more than one artist and allow the listeners to pick their favorite. I then put a pole on the station's facebook page.

It's a fun feature, and I've really enjoyed being able to share these songs. I probably get more fun out of it than anyone else. But hey, if you can't have fun at your job... ;)

Yesterday was our Christmas in July, and that was fun! This afternoon, I plan doing the Southern Gospel Showdown feature... so tune in!

~Matt

No comments: