Friday, September 4, 2009

Local School District Opts Out On Obama's School Speech


Two days ago I mentioned the news that Obama will speaking to public school students nation-wide over a webcast next week. The news has drawn a lot of controversy, especially on the web. Some fear, that since it seems to promote kids to ask themselves how the can be better followers of the president, that the idea is too much.

I also found out that some parent's are not allowing their kids to participate, but some schools are forcing students to watch!!!

I agree that there are pros and cons to the issue, but the fact that it seems to be required curriculum... is downright scary!

Or so I thought!

Nixa Public Schools has decided not to air the speech to the students. They're leaving it to the parents! I applaud their decision!

~Matt

1 comment:

The Paasch Family said...

I (Lydia) received an email today saying that all Missouri schools are "opting" out of this and not showing the speech not sure how true it is.