Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Weekend in Review (Sept. 11-13)


Wow... once again we had a busy weekend.

I had been working overtime all week, so when I got home on Friday, I was tired. I started putting that Gold City footage I had shot at SDC the week before on my laptop. While that was running, the kids watched veggietales, we ate supper, and played a bit. After the kids went to bed, I edited a few songs for upload on to youtube... they took for ever!

On Saturday, we were being lazy. Lydia and I tried sleeping in... the kids didn't let us! But we did get some sleep. BJ called and let us know that they were coming over for a visit. So we quickly got dressed and enjoyed the visit. The kids got to play with their cousin for a bit, which really thrilled them.

That evening, I picked up Noah, and we met Sam and Greg (and his family) at Snyder Music Park near Halltown, MO. We had been asked to sing for 45 minutes at George & Friends First Annual Homecoming. We seen a few others that have heard us sing, got to visit with a few people, including the Bryants themselves. Oh, and our set went very well. I was able to get it on video, and I have posted one of the songs on youtube.

On Sunday, it was the usual. Vans in the morning. Morning services. Home for lunch. But, later that afternoon, Sam picked me up and we headed to Strafford, MO for their Route 66 Days festival. We had the privilege to sing at their main tent at 3pm for 45 minutes. There weren't very many people in attendance for our singing, but we had several people stop by and peak in. I think they were wondering what they were hearing! lol! While there at the festival, Sam and I got to visit with our former employer Chris Fortner at the Pineapple Whip stand that was located right across from where we were singing. Amazingly, we were able to make it back to church in time for choir practice, and then evening services.

Like I said... what a busy weekend!

~Matt

No comments: