Thursday, October 28, 2010

Setting Out the Outdoor Christmas Lights (Thursday, 10/28/10)


As many of you may already know, Christmas is less than two months away. Also, the weather has started to get cooler. In fact, we're expecting a freeze tonight!!!

Well, I gave it some thought, and seriously thought about going ahead and putting up the outdoor Christmas lights since the weather has been nice. There are a lot of advantages to this idea if you think about it! The nice weather, you find out if the strands work or not, and you don't have to worry about doing it later. I'm all for that!

However, the longer they're up, the greater change of them going out or something going wrong before Christmas. And I definitively don't want to mess with them right around the holiday! It's bad enough to have to go out and take them down!

I also hate having them on the house and not having them turned on. To me, that makes the house look odd. Sorta gives it that Ozark redneck feel, like an old sofa sitting on the front porch! I'm hillbilly enough, thank you very much!

Also, what a great disappointment it'd be to finally get to the day after Thanksgiving, flip the switch, and half of them not working! That would be soooooo frustrating!

So... it looks like I'll wait. :)

~Matt

No comments: