Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Week Rundown! (10/03/10 - 10/09/10)




Sorry for the delay, this week has been a bit hectic!




Sunday:

I ran the church van. And after the morning services, stayed at church for (Uncle) Moses' birthday party at 3. The kids and I took naps after eating, before the party. Ahhh... it felt good!

That evening, we came home and didn't really do anything! ha! We put the kids to bed at a decent time though!

Monday:


It was a pretty normal day. I had a dentist appointment at 3.. they had to give me two shots before drilling for a cavity! By the time I got home with Malachi, my entire left face from my eyebrow to my chin was numb!

Abigail and Mysia were at home when I arrived. Lydia came home after work, and we ate supper. I rushed off for quartet practice.


Tuesday:

Another normal day at first. Gym, school, work, home!

After supper, Paulette came by for a visit. Lydia ended up not feeling good, and went to bed early. I got the kids ready for bed.


Wednesday:

Today was sad. The plane accident here at the downtown airport really had an effect. Kathy Collins, wife of Lydia's cousin, was killed in the crash. I had heard about the wreck on the news, but it wasn't until later in the afternoon that we heard she was involved.

Here's an interview in the local newspaper:
http://www.news-leader.com/article/20101008/NEWS01/10080341/1007/NEWS01/Family-shocked-by-fatality-in-Springfield-plane-crash

At church, it was "fun night" for our children's service. We played games, had a neat devotion, and had a snack. The weather was nice, so it made it for a good time when outside!

Thursday:

After work, Malachi and I stopped by Walmart and picked up some snacks for me to take on my trip tomorrow. When we got home, Lydia had supper going. We ate, did homework, and then got everyone ready for bed.

Friday:

Ahh... a vacation day for me! I took off so I could head down with some of the men from church to Stillwater, OK! The church down there was holding their yearly Men's Advance. So the guys took a camper and I brought my tent! By doing so, we saved money on getting hotel/motel rooms, and it turned out very nice.

Lydia had school and work. I dropped the kids off at daycare and school, then headed back home to finish packing. I met the guys at church around noon, and we headed out. We got to Stillwater exactly four hours from when we left Springfield. We grabbed seats and the place really filled up quickly. I had a chance to met up with Benjamin, who had came down with his church as well.

The title for the Men's Advance was "300: Crisis of Courage." The theme, Gideon and his army. The services were great, and challenging! They served us a great supper, and we enjoyed some great fellowship. We went to bed/sleep around midnight! It was a very good day!


Saturday:

I woke up a bit cold. Sleeping in the tent was nice though. Of course, I had an queen-sized, air-up mattress... so I wasn't uncomfortable at all! Breakfast was fantastic, and then back to services for most of the day. They even served us lunch! We left town after 3pm.

Lydia had slept on the couch. She woke up when the kids did, and let them watch cartoons. From her report to me, they had a pretty lazy morning!

After getting back to town and loading my stuff in the car, I went to Walmart to catch up Lydia and help her with the grocery shopping. We let Malachi spend his birthday money on some toys. He really enjoyed that! When we got home, Lydia put up the groceries, I put up my stuff from the trip.

It had been a long day for me, and I was happy to be back home. Looking forward to next year though!!!

~Matt

No comments: