Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Fun: 25 Random Things About Me (10/29/10)


Seeing how some of my friends (and relatives) have been posting some "fun" ideas on their blogs... I've decided to do the same thing! So once a week, I'll try and post something out of the ordinary! Introducing.... FRIDAY FUN!

----------

- Here is a list of 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about me! Enjoy!


1. I start the day in an extremely bad mood if I'm awakened by the radio as an alarm when it's broadcasting a program that involves a lot of talking. It has to be strictly music.
 
2. I constantly use puns and jokes in conversation on a daily basis... much to the great annoyance of my wonderful wife!

3. I will NOT ever take adult, cherry flavored, Robitussin cough medicine... that stuff is nasty! My mom used to give it to me, and said that when I grow up I can decide not to take it, so I don't! I double up on the better tasting children's cough medicine (grape flavored)!

images-1.jpg

4. I often wear a set of "Hillbilly Teeth" while driving down the road singing! I enjoy getting the odd looks from other drivers and passengers! (I don't do it while Lydia is with me, she'd never ride with me again if I tried)

5. I like licking the microwave popcorn bag clean of the butter and salt after dumping the popcorn into a bowl.

6. I listen to Christmas music year-round!

7. During my senior year of high-school, I'd eat two cans of mushroom soup for lunch almost every day, and ended up getting horribly constipated on day that required a trip to urgent care! Not fun!

8. I truly despise the movie "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"... it gave me nightmares as a child and still bugs me when I even see a small clip!

9. I can wiggle my ears.

10. I often suffer from a condition called Costochondritis that causes chest pain due to inflammation of the cartilage and bones in the chest wall. The scary part is that the symptoms imitate a heart attack!

11. I have almost no gag reflex in my mouth... which allows me to slip my tongue back past my uvula and up into the nostril cavity above the roof of my mouth!

12. I used to constantly eat toothpaste as a kid.

13. I have an uncanny knack at smelling and guessing the right type of food that may be nearby. (it annoys my coworkers...)

Indian-Style.jpg

14. In the middle of the night, I will sit up suddenly and then fall asleep my body facing forward across my legs, sitting Indian-style. (or is that Native-American style?)

15. Got picked out of the audience to sing bass on stage with a SG trio (Southern Brothers) for one song at Silver Dollar City when I was 15.

16. Someday, I'd like to take the family on a road-trip, traveling the entire length of old Route 66.

17. I wear contacts, and would like to get laser correction surgery on my eyes someday.

18. Once, I consistently ate for 3 hours straight at Shoney's, it was their Sunday all-you-can-eat buffet!

19. I have a horrible habit of biting my fingernails. Especially when I'm nervous or under some sort of anticipation.

20. I can draw most of the main Archie Comic characters without any reference.

21. My goal is to someday work as a full-time freelance graphic designer.

images.jpg

22. I like to walk around barefoot!

23. I believe I've married the wonderful woman! I honestly don't think there is any other woman that could stand living with a guy me.. she's my perfect match! (That's a fact!)

images-2.jpg

24. I ate rock salt when I was a kid. (I'm surprised I'm alive!)

25. I also put an entire box of ALTOIDS mints in my mouth and ate them! I couldn't drink anything for several hours!


~Matt

No comments: