Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Design: 2011 Prom Alternative - Logo Sketch (03/30/11)


Just like the past two years, John (our church's youth pastor) approached me about designing the promotional material for our youth's 'Prom Alternative'. It's always a fun challenge, and there are many elements to the process. So just like I did last year, I'm going to do a series of blog posts on my design steps.

The theme for this year is based on Monopoly, and titled: "Following God's Path." The first thing to do was to alter the logo... and thankfully, the word "Following" worked out perfectly!!! The 'O' is still in the middle! I also found the font called "KabaleMedium".

To give it the more of a "Christian" look, I decided to change Mr. Monopoly's cane into a cross. I wanted to alter the logo the best I could. I thought about giving him a beard like Moses, but then realized how weird it'd look!

My next post will show the finished product of the logo.

~Matt

No comments: