Monday, March 14, 2011

Week Rundown! (03/06/11 - 03/12/11)



Sunday:

Today I woke up, got ready, got to church, and did the van route before morning services. During the service, Pastor gave a presentation his missions trip to the Philippians. It was neat getting to hear how the people were receptive to the Gospel over there. One of the girls on my van route accepted Christ as her Savior this morning too! Wow! What a blessing!

During the evening services, Mysia awarded a Sonic gift certificate for memory verses that she had been working on in Sunday School. She was excited, and is looking forward to using it soon. All the ladies that went to the retreat over the weekend went up and gave a presentation with singing and testimony. We also got to view some pictures of their trip as well.

After church, we put the kids to bed. Lydia worked on some homework that was due before midnight. I did a workout on the Wii Fit, and then watched an episode of MythBusters before heading off to bed.


Monday:

We were planning on going to the gym, but slept in instead! Boy, it sure felt good. Anyway, we got up, got ready, and got going. The day went by pretty good for all of us. When Lydia and the kids arrived at home, Lydia found that our Wii games had arrived in the mail (these replace the ones we lost). She started supper, and it was still in the oven when I came home from work.

I didn't have time to eat before I left. Tim Banks, Ben Black, and I went out to visit the family of the girl who was saved yesterday. We had a good visit, and it was encouraging to get to talk to the other kids in the household as well.

While I was gone, Lydia's sister came over to the house so that Lydia could help with her taxes. Malachi and Mysia got to watch Garfield while eating supper. They were still eating when I came back home. The kids and I played Wii Sports before giving them showers and getting them ready for bed. Both beat me at boxing too! During Mysia's shower, Malachi and I played 'Dogfight' with the airplanes on Wii Resort. And during Malachi's shower, Mysia did the cycling, and ended up unlocking another feature!!! I have awesome kids... sure to make a 'geek' dad proud!

After the kids went to bed, Lydia and I played some table tennis on the Wii... and she beat me every time. It was definitely not my night for winning! We then watched 'Castle' on tv before heading off for bed.


Tuesday:

I got up and went to the gym. Lydia got up and got ready, foregoing the gym so that she could have more time since she had an interview today. After the gym, I headed straight to work. It was a busy day for me. Lydia dropped the kids off at daycare and school and then attended class before her interview. She admitted that she was a bit nervous, but that it went well.

After work, I went directly to Mysia's school and met Lydia and the kids there. Mysia's class was putting on a singing presentation. We had arrived a little early, so Malachi and I waited around while Lydia took Mysia to her class to meet up with the others and practice. I brought the video camera, so I found us a seat and set it up.

The school choir was part of the beginning of the program, then all the kindergarten classes got up to preform. Mysia did well, and you could tell she knew the songs. However, with mixed emotions, we watched as she bullied/flirted with one of her classmates. I mean, come on... she's only six! It was funny to watch, but scary (as a parent) too! We also felt a bit embarrassed, knowing that the boy's parents we probably not to happy with what they were seeing too. Mysia would grab his hand, then squeeze it hard... and would not leave the boy alone. She definitely has a 'crush' on him! Oh my! My parents and siblings were there, and witnessed the whole thing too.

Back at home, we worked on Mysia's homework and let the kids play a bit before getting them ready for bed. After they went down, Lydia worked on homework and played the Wii for a bit. Then it was bedtime!


Wednesday:


This morning, Lydia got up and went to BioLife. I eventually got up and got myself and the kids ready before Lydia came back home. It was then off to work for me. Lydia dropped the kids off and then headed to the gym.


Thursday:

Today was fairly normal, but we had a blast in the evening! Lydia had a meeting to attend, so after making supper, she left. Since my mom and sister were out of town for speech and debate tournament, I invited my dad and Sam over for supper and games. We ended up playing a ton on the Wii... Malachi and Mysia were able to beat them on a few of the games as well! I sure don't feel too bad about them beating me as often as they do! :)


Friday:

The day was typical for me and Malachi. However, Lydia needed to pick up Mysia from school since Abigail was out of town, so her schedule was shook up a bit.

This evening we had our discipleship meeting. It went very well, and we enjoyed our discussion. The kids watched two movies before we put them to bed. Lydia had some homework due by midnight, so I stayed up with her and watched MythBusters.


Saturday:


I didn't get to sleep in. I got up and got myself and Malachi ready. We headed out to pick up my dad and then went to Walmart to buy a nerf gun for Malachi, sunglasses, and some ammo. The men in our church had an activity at a shooting range outside of town. We spent hours loading and shooting guns! We also had some chili and enjoyed the fellowship. Malachi spent most of the time running here and there, playing on a gravel pile, and shooting his toy gun.

Mysia was picked up by her Aunt Lycia and got to go to a birthday party, all dressed up as a princess. This left Lydia to herself for most of the day, and she thoroughly enjoyed it. She went to a get-together for her Honors Society and then had a BioLife appointment before picking Mysia up and heading home.

Malachi and I had arrived home before Lydia and Mysia. He had napped in the car, so he was once again full of energy. Lydia messaged and asked me to make some sugar cookies. So us guys got the cookie cutters out and got busy. They were done before Lydia got home.

We then went next door for the birthday party of our neighbors' son. We had hamburgers, brats, and cake. The kids played and made noise, and we had an enjoyable time. When we came back home, we got the kids to bed and changed all the clocks.


~Matt

No comments: