Thursday, March 17, 2011

Starting My Own Comic Strip...


I like drawing, and growing up, I've have often entrained the idea of starting my own comic strip on the side for fun. As a kid, used to do little strips for our family's Christmas newsletter we'd send out. I also used to email some out to friends and family from time to time.

Well, now, if I did do a comic strip, it would be based on our family. And boy, I have plenty of material to work with! I actually have the characters developed. I also have several strips with story lines filed away. I just haven't had the time to really put things into action. I figure that someday, I might really get things moving, and use this blog as a launching pad for the strip. I may even give teasers, I don't know.

However, I already face fierce competition! There is a comic strip out there that already describes our family (plus one). Baby Blues! http://www.arcamax.com/babyblues It is a great representation of what goes on around our house! ….and that's scary!

~Matt

No comments: