Monday, March 7, 2011

Week Rundown! (02/27/11 - 03/05/11)



Sunday:


I woke up early and left for church. Today was Men's prayer breakfast! After we ate, I practiced with the men's quartet before heading out on my van route.

After services and dropping off my van people, I headed over to my mother-in-law's house. Lydia and the kids were already there. We were celebrating Kristi's birthday! We ate and visited. The kids didn't take a nap, but several of the others did!

I left early to practice more with the quartet and then choir. Lydia and I had toddlers during the evening services, but I also sang with the quartet before the preaching. The kids were tired when we got home, and so were we. Bedtime came early! Yay!


Monday:

Lydia went in to the gym, but since I woke up with chest pains, I rested and took it easy so it wouldn't flare up.

Lydia and the kids came home, and enjoyed the weather for a bit by spending some time outside while dinner cooked. When I got home, Lydia had the table set and ready for us to eat! After dinner, we helped Mysia with her homework, and then Lydia started on hers. We got the kids showered and ready for bed. After they went down, I worked on the bank statement before heading to bed as well. Ugh!


Tuesday:

We did our morning routine with the gym, and then headed out to school/daycare/work. It was a short day for Mysia, since the public schools let out early. So Meemaw picked her up from school and Mysia got to spend the afternoon with her.

Lydia did some volunteer work after her classes. It's something that is required for one of the classes, and makes her schedule a bit more hectic. After her time was up, she picked up the kids, got home, and started supper. It was nearly done when I arrived home from work. We quickly ate, and Lydia headed off to a friend's house for a 'spa party.'

I was relieved to find out that Mysia didn't have any homework! Hooray! So I had the kids take their showers real quick and let them watch a movie before bed. I worked on some computer things. A church member had asked me to look at their laptop they purchased from a pawn shop, to see why it wasn't recognizing DVD movies. Come to find out, you have to make sure the dvd drive is securely shut. Otherwise, it won't spin, and thinks that there is no dvd in there.

After the kids went to bed, I watched a few episodes of "MythBusters". After Lydia arrived back at home, she worked on homework before we headed off to bed.


Wednesday:

Lydia got up and went to for her scheduled appointment at BioLife. After she left, I got up and got ready. Mysia did as well. Malachi, however, slept... He wasn't much of a morning person today! I made sure they were both ready to go by the time Lydia came back home. I then left for work.

After classes, Lydia picked up the kids and came home. She had some homework to address, so she let the kids play while she studied. When I came home, Lydia had already started supper, so I helped get it on the table. We quickly ate and then left for church. We had forgotten that this was the first Wednesday of the month, meaning 'Fun Night' in the children's services! That when all the kids groups get together for games, devotion, and a special treat. Tonight, it was pizza! Yum.

By the time we left church, we were a bit wore out. But we had to get some things from the store that were needful, like dishwasher tabs! So we stopped by Walmart before reaching home. We tried to rush through, but hey... it's Walmart! Back at home, we got the kids ready for bed and then helped Mysia with her homework. We didn't stay up much longer either.


Thursday:

The morning was typical... gym, and then work and school. Lydia had a pretty big test today, and tried to study for it beforehand. She reported that it was a very difficult one. After her class, she then went to her volunteering before picking up the kids.

Since the weather has been so nice, and today was no exception, my parents came by and took the kids to the park around 4. They had a great time, and it was good for them to let all that energy loose! After supper, Lydia left for a 'spa=party" with some of the ladies. Mysia and I worked on her homework, then I got the kids ready for bed. I let them watch some tv before putting them down though.

When Lydia got back, she started into some homework she had get done. She also had pack things for her trip tomorrow.


Friday:

Today was special for Lydia. After her classes, she headed out of town for our church's ladies retreat in Branson. That left me with the kids for the weekend. So while Lydia was out having fun, I too decided that we'd have fun at home.... Party-time!

It had started to rain and the weather had turned cold, so the idea of going outside was not an option. I made them their favorite supper, tomato soup and cheese sandwiches. We pulled out some board games, and I let them watch several movies. We also snacked on Ritz crackers with cheese and some Easter candy.

I spent some time setting up some of my sound equipment that I had put away, and played around with a few soundtracks. I allowed the kids to stay up a little later than usual, in hopes that they'll sleep in a bit more the next morning. After putting them to bed, I played a few games on the Wii and watched a movie before going to bed.  


Saturday:

I actually got to sleep in a bit! Malachi and Mysia came into my bed at 7, and rested there for about 30 minutes. They kept whispering and trying to poke at my face, and laughing, so I gave up and trying to sleep. We got up and let them watch a movie while I made breakfast... Pop-tarts! Lydia called, so I got to chat with her for a bit. She was having fun, and was enjoying her time away with the other ladies.

The kids and I got ready, and headed out to pick up my dad. He went with us to the movie theaters to see a free showing of VeggieTales: Twas The Night Before Easter. We got there in time to grab us a good seat. Mysia enjoyed the movie, and watched it intensely. Malachi, being the active boy he is, ended up on my lap for most of it, so I could hold him down.

After the movie, we headed over to my Grandma Taylor's house for a visit. We ate lunch while there, and wore out both my dad and Grandma! Back at home, we took naps... for about two hours! It was great! I let them play some games on the Wii and eat snacks. I also tried to make sure the house looked presentable before Lydia came home!

When she did arrive, Lydia told me all about the trip and the great time she had. She was able to visit with her friends and was glad she was able to go. We ate supper, and caught up with all that had happened over the past day. We got the kids ready and put them down for bed. Lydia worked on homework and I did a grocery run. What a weekend!!!


~Matt

No comments: