Thursday, February 2, 2012

Am I Opinionated?


Wow, what a question for today. I believe everyone is opinionated, it’s just that some are more open about sharing their opinions while others keep them to themselves. Some are really good at selecting which opinions are to be shared and when to keep their mouth shut. Some give it away freely with consideration, or recognizing whether they should or not. And then there are those who just don’t care.

As for me... well, I’m opinionated of course. But I’d like to say I’m a bit on the conservative side when it comes to sharing with others. I’ll admit that I do voice them from time to time. I’m not dogmatic on my opinions however. I’m try to approach ideas with an open mind, and I’m willing to listen. I try my best to take things into consideration and find the most logical assumption. Because no matter what... an opinion is still that... an opinion.

I try not to be judgmental, but I do fail from time to time. I also try to be considerate and where I don’t offend. I want to encourage others to think for themselves. Being dogmatic and blunt isn’t the best way to sway others’ opinions. Sometimes a logical look at things is the best, but one has to be willing to step back and examine things from all angles.

There have been times that I’ve thought about going into huge rants on my blog. So I sit down and write a big ‘article’. It sure feels good put my thoughts down on ‘paper’. But then I re-read over what I’ve written several times, and delete it without posting. I’ve often wondered what might have happened if I had when ahead and published them on my blog. Then I also imagine what hurt or disrespect I might have caused because of that post. Even if I’m right, sometimes opinions are better left to one’s self! (except spouses! lol)

~Matt

No comments: