Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Week Rundown (02/12/12-02/18/12



Sunday

I ran vans, and we had great morning services at church. In the afternoon, we took naps and then enjoyed another good evening service.


Monday

It snowed ...all day!!! I traded my time f morning exercise with shoveling the driveway and cleaning off the vehicles. .The kids were excited to be able to wear their snow-boots to school and daycare.

After supper I took the kids and Abigail to my work.... to sled! The radio station is built on built on a steep hill that is fantastic when it snows. In fact, both kids were on the sled, going so fast I almost wondered how they were going to slow down.

Once we got home, the kids were given showers and put to bed. Lydia decided to give me my Valentine's gift a day earlier. She surprised me with a Nook Color that had been rooted with the Droid OS! She did a great job. I had no clue. Needless to say, I was excited. I spent the rest of the night installing apps and getting familiar with the device!


Tuesday

Ahh... the day of "love"! There were so many things going on today I was excited it had finally came. After what Lydia surprised me with yesterday, I was happy that I was able to return it with my own surprise! I had ordered a singing telegram to be brought to her at her office by the Sho-Me Statesmen. They showed up in tuxedos and sang two love songs to her in barbershop quartet fashion! Needless to say, she was a bit embarrassed... lol!

For lunch, I picked her up and we went out on a dinner-date to Olive garden. It was a nice idea since the kids were at school and daycare, and we didn't have to worry about a babysitter.

For the evening, we helped Mysia worked on her homework while Malachi played. Once they were put to bed, Lydia and I ate a late dinner and spent the evening together cuddled up watching NetFlix! LOL


Wednesday

Even though it rained, it turned out to be a pretty good day. After work, we ate real quick and headed to church.


Thursday

Tonight became family night. We ate, played games, and spent the evening together. The kids took turns playing some games on my laptop while the other one was taking showers.


Friday

Since working at the radio station, I get some perks. Lydia and I got to take part in KWFC's Branson Night Out to see the "IT Show". It's a variety show put on by the Hughes Brothers and their families. Wow... what a show!


Saturday


Lydia went into work for the first part of the day, so the kids and I worked on cleaning rooms and straightening the house. We were able to play several games on the Wii before lunch and naps.

Me-Maw (Paulette) came over for a visit and I was able to get her laptop restored back to the factory settings. It was giving her troubles. Abigail also stopped in for a visit, and the kids played Super Mario Brothers and Mario Kart with her.

Before bed, I gave the kids baths. Usually they have showers, so this was a bit special and "fun". Malachi exclaimed, "This is the best day ever!"

~Matt

No comments: