Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dealing with Traffic Frustration



Do I get frustrated with other drivers? Yes, definitely! Especially local drivers.

It seems that those driving around town don't really know how to drive. And it's not limited to age.I'm sure every city has it's problems, but Springfield folks are horrible! It seems that it gets worse when there is extreme weather. You'd think that they'd be used to it since the weather is constantly unstable.

For example, if we get less than an inch of snow, drivers act as "oh no", and drive like idiots! They panic, but speed up in a rush to get where they are going, ignoring others around them. They'll even wait until the last minute to put on the brakes!

However, drivers are not very courteous, and ignore the obvious. I can give a great example with what happened last Friday when dropping Mysia off at school. There is a place out in front of the school that is posted as "No Stopping Or Standing". The sign is there so you don't drop or pick up children so that traffic can flow freely. Do pope read… obviously not. I had to drive around two vehicles stopped there, and a car coming the other direction had to swerve around as well, almost hitting me.

That's frustrating! ;)

How do I deal with it? I wear my seatbelt, turn on the radio, and do my best to drive defensively!

~Matt

No comments: