Thursday, May 24, 2012

Week Rundown! (05/13/12 - 05/19/12)


Sunday:

I had church vans this morning, and then we attended morning services. After church, we met my extended family at Hong Kong Garden in town. It was buffet style food, and we enjoyed visiting with my parents, grandparents, and uncle and aunt.

Before heading over to my parents' house for the afternoon, we drove by Sam's new apartment. My grandparents rode in our van at Mysia and Malachi's request... and boy, did that make it special for them. At my folks' house, we visited before they had to head back on the road for Kansas.

We attended evening services, then came home and went to bed.


Monday:

Today was back to normal, although it was the last week of finals for Lydia. She had to study!

This evening I attended quartet practice while Lydia stayed home to study. The kids played for a bit before going to bed.


Tuesday:

After work and school, we met at home and rushed over to my parents' house. Abigail watched the kids as we attended the induction ceremony of Baptist Bible College's new president. It was a neat ceremony.


Wednesday:

Tonight, we attended the evening services at church. The kids sat with us during the services since children's church was over for the summer.


Thursday:

A busy day, I arrived at work with a lot to do. Lydia and I met at home with the kids by 3pm. We then got ready for Lydia's graduation. Once Lydia's mom showed up to ride along with us, we left. We was able to the college arena by 5, in time for Lydia to get ready. Paulette and I saved seats for those we knew where arriving, and there we waited for an hour for the graduation to start.

I had brought along both Nooks, so the kids played games like "Angry Birds" while we waited. Everyone arrived in time, and the graduation ceremony started. It was looong! ;) Thankfully, Lydia was within the first 50 in line... so I let the kids resume playing games during the hundreds that followed.

Back at the house, we had a reception with cake and punch. Several friends and family came over to congratulate Lydia.


Friday:

Today was another busy day. After work, I attended the wedding of one of my fellow co-workers, Brennon, in Branson. It was then a rush to get back to town in time of the concert. In the meantime, Lydia got off work and headed to Mysia's school to help get ready for the "Block Party" they had this evening. She then picked up Malachi and headed back so that that they could participate in the games.

The concert of the Nelons and LeFevre quartet went very well. Both groups did an excellent job, and there were no problems. Of course, I enjoyed the ability to visit with the artists. :)


Saturday:


I got up early and went with Sam to a hotel plaza to set up the sound equipment for a wedding reception for our friend Noah . We got it all put together, and then found that it wasn't working! We took apart the amp and found that the fuse was loose.

Lydia dropped the kids off with Abigail, who took them to a birthday party for the afternoon. Lydia then went out to brunch with her sister and mom for late Mother's Day celebration. I, along with my dad, helped Sam move his stuff into his new apartment.

After we returned home, I had the kids take naps and eat. Then we dropped them off with my parents as we attended the wedding. We then rushed over to the hotel plaza for the reception, where I was DJ of the music. It was fun!


~Matt

No comments: