Monday, February 21, 2011

Week Rundown! (02/13/11 - 2/19/11)



Sunday:

The snow is melting! Yay! And the church vans were running, so I went to church early to run my route for morning services.

After services and van route, I stopped by the store to on the way home and picked up roses for Lydia and balloons for the kids. I figured I'd give them their Valentine's gift early, and let them enjoy them instead of waiting until Monday evening.


Monday:

We woke up and got ready for the day. We didn't go to the gym, but slept in instead. I went to work, and Lydia and the kids went to daycare/school/college!

The kids came home with tons of candy, and were super-hyper with sugar. We fed them supper, and worked on homework. Mysia also entered a coloring contest, so we'll see how that turns out. The kids were still energetic when we put them down for bed.

Lydia had worked on homework, and got dinner ready. We did a candlelight dinner, with violin music in the background. It was nice and relaxing. However, since we had waited until the kids were down, we were hungry! So it didn't take us long to eat our dinner! We then enjoyed some tv while relaxing on the couch before going to bed.


Tuesday:

Well, it was back to our gym schedule today. Lydia went first, and then returned home so I could go before work. However, Malachi woke up before I left. He was complaining of an upset stomach. Sure enough, after my workout, I got a call from Lydia reporting that he had vomited. So I rushed home and took Mysia to school.

Since he felt better after vomiting, daycare said he could come in for the day when Lydia went to class at 10. That was good news, especially since Lydia didn't want to miss any more classes.


Wednesday:

Today was pretty typical, or let's just say nothing out of the ordinary really happened. We did have services this evening though! After two Wednesdays in a row canceled due to bad weather, it was good to come back.


Thursday:

Gym, work, and school.... that was pretty much the day. However, after classes, Lydia judged at the Homeschool Speech and Debate Tournament that was held in town.

This evening we had the Banks over for discipleship. We had a good time of conversation and discussion, and the kids watched VeggieTales!


Friday:

Mysia woke up with a high temperature. So after the gym, I ran Malachi to daycare before heading to work. Lydia stayed home with Mysia for the entire day. The evening was sort of a slow one. The weather was so nice, and Mysia was feeling better, that I thought it would be a grand idea to picnic at the park after I got off from work.

Well, it went pretty well, but the weather wasn't as nice as yesterday, and a bit windy. The sun started to go down, and it got colder. So we packed up and went home. We played a little bit on the Wii and got the kids into bed at a decent time. Lydia finished her homework so that we could hit the sack and not be up so late as well.


Saturday:

We woke up and I let the kids watch cartoons. Lydia headed out to her appointment with BioLife. While the kids were plugged into the tv, I started cleaning/re-organizing Malachi's room. I had two bags, one for the papers and trash, and one for the toys that we're giving away. It didn't take too long, and that was because he wasn't "helping" me.

Mysia still had a fever, so I made her lay down in her bed. I had already started in on her room when Lydia came back home. Lydia then helped dive in to helping me. Mysia has all the princess/girly things... like lipstick, hair pieces, jewelry... things that boys don't have. So it took longer to sort through her things. We finally finished and had the kids take their naps.

After their naps we watched several videos on Netflix about Disney Cruise and Disney World. The kids were intrigued. We also prepared supper, baked salmon! Yum. I then got Malachi ready for bed and did the grocery shopping for the week. When I got back, the kids were already down. Lydia reported that Mysia was still not well, so she'd probably stay home with him tomorrow just to be safe and not spread what she had/has. Anyway, Lydia and I watched "Monk" before going to bed ourselves.


~Matt

No comments: