Monday, February 28, 2011

Week Rundown! (2/20/11 - 2/26/11)


Sunday:

During the night, Malachi felt very hot when I checked him. Lydia had already said that she'd stay home with Mysia, but sure didn't like the idea of staying home with both. I had hoped that perhaps he was just hot in his sleep, but while I was doing the van route for church, Lydia informed me that, yes, he had a 102° temp.

So it was just me attending morning services. After dropping my van kids off, I headed home and ate lunch. The kids and I took naps, while Lydia worked on her computer. She then got ready and attended evening services while I watched the kids. They did pretty well for me, each playing on their own. I promised that they could take bubble baths, so that helped them behave! After the baths, we watched a few episodes of the Garfield Show on Netflix before letting them eat something before bed.

They were almost asleep and I watching Myth Busters, when Lydia came home. Lydia's laptop was freezing on her again, so I tried working on it while she used the desktop computer to finish her papers.


Monday:

Since today is President's Day, Lydia and Mysia didn't have school. That was a good thing. Malachi was still running a fever the night before, so Lydia didn't have to skip classes to stay home with a sick kid. The bad part... she was stuck at home with two kids!

I arrived home to Lydia folding laundry while the kids watched some tv. I then backed up some of the important files from Lydia's laptop and did a system restore. After supper, I finished working on installing programs on the laptop while Lydia worked on homework. The kids were given showers and put to bed. We're hoping that Malachi is feeling better tomorrow.


Tuesday:

Malachi was still recovering from his sickness. I took Mysia into school and Lydia stayed home with the poor boy. Malachi was feeling better before Lydia picked Mysia from school that afternoon. When I arrived home from work, Lydia had supper almost ready and we ate before she headed out the door. She attended to a ladies meeting at church, so the kids and I spent the evening together playing Wii and watching some Netflix cartoons before I put them in bed. I got to enjoy an episode of "MythBusters" before Lydia came back home.


Wednesday:

Today was pretty normal, with school and work. Church services were good too. Of course, we had children's services, so that's always an adventure!


Thursday:

The day went by pretty fast. Around noon, my mom asked if they could have the kids for a few hours in the evening... and of course, we didn't mind! After Lydia picked up Mysia from school, she also got Malachi and went to the library to hang out for a bit. While there, she helped Mysia on her homework and Malachi roamed around the children's section.

She dropped the kids off and headed home. I got off work and picked up some cashew chicken. We ate and watched "Iron Man 2" together. We had been meaning to watch it since Christmas, but never found, or taken, the time to sit and do so. It's not the kid of movie you can sit and watch with a 3 and 6 year-old around.

When the movie was over, we headed to my folks' to pick up the kids. We ended up visiting for about an hour, and the kids were tired by the time we left. They had played Wii with Granny and Granddad, and obviously got quite the workout! lol!


Friday:

Another typical day. Abigail picked Mysia up from school, Lydia picked up Malachi after her classes and met her at home. I arrived shortly after work.

We had our discipleship meeting with the Banks, and the kids watched a movie. Our session was a bit longer this time, we ended up talking more and were in deeper conversation... which was good of course! After the the Banks left, we put the kids to bed and Lydia worked on some homework that was due by midnight (on the internet).


Saturday:

We actually got to sleep in a bit! Even the kids slept in! Wow... that was nice.

Anyway, after getting some extra sleep we got up and got ready for the day. We ate breakfast, and the kids played nicely. We didn't even turn on the cartoons. However, we did pick up house. Before lunch, I let the kids play on the Wii while Lydia left for to BioLife. I finally put the kids down for naps and Mysia was quickly out of it. However, Malachi was a pain. He didn't want to go to sleep, and was playing around the entire time. I got some more things done around the house, and Lydia showed back up.

We had our friends, the Ghans, over for a visit. We talked and visited for several hours and had a great time. Their son played with Malachi and Mysia. After they left, we ate supper and then watched some cartoons on Netflix before giving the kids showers and putting them to bed.


~Matt

No comments: