Monday, January 9, 2012

Week Rundown (01/01/2012-01/07/2012)



Sunday

Happy New Years!!!

I ran the church vans for morning services, and during the afternoon we took naps! There was no choir practice, so didn't have to be at church early for evening services.


Monday

Lydia and I both had the day off, so we stayed at home getting things done. It basically a lazy day.

After the kids woke up from their afternoon nap, we had a late lunch. We then got cleaned up and dressed and headed downtown for a wedding of a friend. The ceremony and reception was beautiful. When we got back home, the kids got showered and sent to bed.


Tuesday

It was back to a schedule! Since Lydia won't have college classes starting back up for another few weeks, she is working full time. For me, it was my first day back to work after two weeks of 'vacation'. To be honest, I was glad to get back.

I had quartet practice this evening. We actually went over some new songs, and picked some out to be working on. It's gonna be a fun year!


Wednesday

Malachi was cranky this morning. He wanted to get up early when we were doing our morning exercises, but we made him stay in bed. Then when it was time to get ready, he complained he was tired, and moved around very slowly.

We had a quick supper and then headed off for church. We're on break for a few weeks with the children's services, so we this evening we got to enjoy Pastor's sermon!


Thursday

This afternoon, Lydia and I decided to have a lunch date.The weather was so nice today, low 60's, that we didn't even wear jackets! I even rolled down the car window while driving to enjoy the fresh air.

After work, we picked up the kids and met at home. We made supper and watched America's Funniest Videos before getting the kids ready for bed.  


Friday

Today went by quick, but there were a lot of things to accomplish at work since it was the last day of week. I've been working on the tickets for KWFC's concert in February. It's pretty neat that I get to design tickets for my favorite artist... GOLD CITY! Plus, these tickets are extra-special, something that I've never heard happening. I can't wait until we release the news!

After meeting at home, we got dinner ready and the house ready for company. Our friends, Noah and Courtney came over to visit and talk about their wedding plans. I have the honor of helping them with the invitations and programs!

All three of our goldfish died this evening. They had gotten "Ick", and not realizing it, it was too late to kill the parasites! The kids were sad.


Saturday

Lydia and I were tired... so we tried to sleep in a bit. The kids played nicely for the most part, but breakfast had to be taken care of! We got up, ate, and left for my parents' house. We spent most of the day over there as part of what I called "Granny Day". My mom's birthday is Monday, so we celebrated early by spending the entire day with her. We visited, let the kids play outside, and had cashew chicken for lunch, and played Wii together. Sam and I also took the kids on a trip around the block, he and I walked while the kids rode their scooters. We all played Wii bowling together, then did some tennis, dance games,and Mario Kart.  I think we wore Granny out! ;)

Once home, we got ready for bed. The kids didn't take any nap or get any rest, so they were tired. Lydia and I didn't stay up much later either.


~Matt

No comments: