Monday, May 18, 2009

Mother’s Day (Sunday, May 10, 2009)


I found out that this special day is one you don't forget. That doesn't matter whether you are a child or a husband. Especially if you are a husband…

It is a husband's responsibility to remember Mother's Day, and make sure the mother is recognized. He is to remind the kids, help the kids, support the kids, and most of all… show how appreciative he is to his wife! Saying it, just doesn't count. Trust me!

Now that I have your attention, you may be thinking I must have done something wrong this year. Nope… (at least, not that I know of). Those are some things I've picked up on in years past. I'm hoping that I'll learn from my mistakes, and never repeat them. I hope that each year I'll do better!

But then, what am I thinking? I'm a guy. A husband. I'm Matt… something will happen!!!   -Oh well!

Anyway, this year went pretty well. For my dear mother, I gave her a card with a gift card to a restaurant. That way her and my dad could go out to eat sometime. I knew she's like that better than some trinket or something that just takes up space on a shelf (and that a grandkid may find and tear up).

Now at first, I thought getting a gift for Lydia would be hard. I'm mean, she's got everything she needs… she has me!

But seriously… I didn't know what to get her. So I did a wise thing. I asked. She gave it some thought, and then mentioned she'd like a food processor. Food processor? My mind started thinking… process food, for what? Then she explained it was like her little machine that she had used to ground up the food to make baby food for Malachi. It was one of those "Oh.." moments! Anyway, that's what I got her.

Now, when I went to buy the food processor, I made sure she had a good brand. And most of all, I got some extra brownie points! I made sure and got one that was dishwasher safe!!!!! Yep… I did good this year!



Oh, in case you're wondering what we did for Mother's day… we went over to Lydia's folk's house that afternoon. We ate, tried to get the kids to take a nap, and visited.

No comments: